• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is a sockie?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is a sockie?

I go on lots of forums, some get hammered by bots, some get people trying to rip others off... but I have never heard any other forum use the phrase Sockie.

I assume it refers (when read in context) to someone posting up for the purpose of wasting other members time with fictitious threads?

If that is the case, how dull must the bench be that they are on?

It's sunny, you are out of contract - go celebrate.

This, I guess: Urban Dictionary: sock puppet

Some people's lives are very dull

Comment

Originally posted by Danglekt View Post
      I go on lots of forums, some get hammered by bots, some get people trying to rip others off... but I have never heard any other forum use the phrase Sockie.

I assume it refers (when read in context) to someone posting up for the purpose of wasting other members time with fictitious threads?

Oh feck orrf

Comment

A sockie is something you put on your footie, or in the case of MF, it's your love life.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I think most of the sockiemasters (yes, they're usually male) are actually in contract and wasting their client's time too

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            I think most of the sockiemasters (yes, they're usually male) are actually in contract and wasting their client's time too
            Talking of which, has anyone seen MS of late?

Comment

The majority of the members here are sockies.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Deffo
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Are you a double dipper?

Comment

That is actually a troll.

A sockie is more an alter ego an existing poster will have for various purposes...

mostly they are used so they can start a thread to argue with themselves.

Comment

Working...
                    X