• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: What is a sockie?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What is a sockie?"

Collapse

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Talking of which, has anyone seen MS of late?
    Where's the middle finger smiley?

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    It is like the Loch Ness monster or the Yeti, there are rumours that it exists on the CUK forum, but nobody really has solid proof.
    There have been reported sightings of sockies on their imaginary trips to America....

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    It is like the Loch Ness monster or the Yeti, there are rumours that it exists on the CUK forum, but nobody really has solid proof.
    Bit like decent moderation.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Sorry, I'm not morbidly obese.
    Yes, but you do have a small winky.

Oh hang on!

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    That is actually a troll.

A sockie is more an alter ego an existing poster will have for various purposes...

mostly they are used so they can start a thread to argue with themselves.
    Or it's the only way they can have an intelligent discussion.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    But I thought you were MF's sockie?
    Sorry, I'm not morbidly obese.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    FTFY
    But I thought you were MF's sockie?

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    That is actually sadguru and MF.

A sockie is more an alter ego an existing poster will have for various purposes...

FTFY

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by Danglekt View Post
    I go on lots of forums, some get hammered by bots, some get people trying to rip others off... but I have never heard any other forum use the phrase Sockie.

I assume it refers (when read in context) to someone posting up for the purpose of wasting other members time with fictitious threads?

If that is the case, how dull must the bench be that they are on?

It's sunny, you are out of contract - go celebrate.
    That is actually a troll.

Leave a comment:

• Chutney Spoon
    replied
    I go on lots of forums, some get hammered by bots, some get people trying to rip others off... but I have never heard any other forum use the phrase Sockie.

I assume it refers (when read in context) to someone posting up for the purpose of wasting other members time with fictitious threads?

Are you a double dipper?

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I think most of the sockiemasters (yes, they're usually male) are actually in contract and wasting their client's time too
    Deffo

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied

The majority of the members here are sockies.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I think most of the sockiemasters (yes, they're usually male) are actually in contract and wasting their client's time too
    Talking of which, has anyone seen MS of late?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X