• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Would you train your key skills to a permanent staff

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    it's basically empathy, communication, and people skills.
    I think I may have found a flaw in the plan.

Comment

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
      I don't think even knowing what you are doing is a key requirement. Training is a skill in itself... Its one thing to help the bloke across the desk a bit with understanding something. Quite another to hold formal training.

Yes, training is a skill and a very useful one. Being a good trainer does not mean you fully understand the subject matter, but that you can present it in a way that others can learn.

My comments were referring more to the OP's first post.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
        I think I may have found a flaw in the plan.
        Yeah, I got out of it as soon as I could in favour of working full-time in assembly language

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          I've always handed knowledge over. Never done me any harm at all. You are not indespensible. If you behave as though you are, expect short contracts.
          I agree with this, and I consider an add value for the client and for us.
          We can't handle everything in "our back", and could end in a disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
            I agree with this, and I consider an add value for the client and for us.
            We can't handle everything in "our back", and could end in a disaster.
            What does that mean?
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
            X