• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'I'm blowing myself up for a generic terror cause'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the idea of realistic enactments. And are those complaining saying God isn't great? He's amazing!

I definitely want the Met to simulate the rescue of a kidnapped PM. He could be nobbing a dead pig for ease of identification.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Not at all -just a logical consequence of what you've said.

You said that people are justified hating the police because of what happened in the past. That would be exactly the same as saying that people were justified in hating the Germans because of the war. How can agree with the former and disagree with the latter?
      Where did I use the word "hate"?

Or don't you know the difference between "dislike" and "hate"?
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

On an extremely serious note, KUATB

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

The only thing he knows is 'Ban'

HTH BIDI

Comment

And now you're reduced to arguing over individual words... "From SueEllen's argument, it seems she thinks it justified that some people hated disliked Germans even into the 1980s."

Oh look. No major shift in semantic content.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

And now you're reduced to arguing over individual words... "From SueEllen's argument, it seems she thinks it justified that some people hated disliked Germans even into the 1980s."

Oh look. No major shift in semantic content.
              You're just anti-semantic!

Comment

Go SueEllen. We are behind you

Comment

You missed the point I was making.

Then again your Islamophobia is so high.

The police are disliked by a lots of people including due to how they have historically treated them over a generation ago and have a habit of having officers who still drag up the same prejudices e.g. Hillsborough. As they police by consent they need to avoid f***** off people from diverse backgrounds who will help them. This is why they apologised.
                  Funny how your want-to-be-helpful Muslims closed ranks over the hit and run killing of David Lees. You'll therefore appreciate that tensions are high following this ten-year wall of silence. If you want to pontificate about racial tension in Manchester, you need to know the fine points of it first. The owner of the car went down for two years for perverting the course of justice but nobody else has been charged.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Not at all -just a logical consequence of what you've said.

You said that people are justified hating the police because of what happened in the past. That would be exactly the same as saying that people were justified in hating the Germans because of the war. How can agree with the former and disagree with the latter?
                    There's a big difference between "The police" and "Germans" though, so it's not exactly the same at all.

The police is an organisation. You have to apply to be a part of it. You can resign at any time from it and no longer be a part of it. It's a choice to be part of it.

I'm not saying it's OK to hate/dislike the Police as a whole because of their actions, but it's far more justifiable than hating on an entire racial group or county.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                      Go SueEllen. We are behind you
                      Sorry got busy.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X