• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'I'm blowing myself up for a generic terror cause'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

List of Islamist terrorist attacks

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...rorist_attacks

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      So how is that relevant to this article
      In my yoof Manchester police would always give a kicking if you back chatted or resisted nothing to do with religion
      Yeah but I bet you weren't going to church or celebrating Easter when they did it.

How many children and grandchildren of miners would join the police?

How many people in Liverpool buy the Sun?

Point is people have long memories.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Point is people have long memories.

http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

You missed the point I was making.

Then again your Islamophobia is so high.

The police are disliked by a lots of people including due to how they have historically treated them over a generation ago and have a habit of having officers who still drag up the same prejudices e.g. Hillsborough. As they police by consent they need to avoid f***** off people from diverse backgrounds who will help them. This is why they apologised.

Comment

You missed the point I was making.

Then again your Islamophobia is so high.

The police are disliked by a lots of people including due to how they have historically treated them over a generation ago and have a habit of having officers who still drag up the same prejudices e.g. Hillsborough. As they police by consent they need to avoid f***** off people from diverse backgrounds who will help them. This is why they apologised.
            At least MI5 are on the ball; over 3000 Islamic extremist being monitored...

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...error-suspects

You can pretend Islamic extremism is a minor issue, or you can pull your head out of the sand and take a stand.
            http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

The biggest terror threat currently facing the UK comes from Islamists (not Muslims). While people of any creed may use suicide bombing as a terror device, the fact is that in the UK at this time, if such an attack takes place, it'll be carried out by an Islamist.

If you're staging a anti-terrorist exercise, it makes sense to make it as realistic as possible - so the use of Allalu Akhbar in the simulation seems perfectly justified.

That way you (hopefully!) fewer people will die if/when such an attack happens. Including fewer Muslims, as these Islamists really don't give a toss about who dies (The Easter attacks in Lahore killed Muslims quite as readily as Christians.). The sensibilities of the masses towards the police for past behaviour, do not trump matters of public safety today - so while I understand SueEllens point, I think it irrelevant.

The police should have said - we apologise for any offence caused, but it was necessary for the operation to be as realistic as possible, and the biggest terrorist danger facing Britain is currently from Islamists.

My long memory of attacks in the UK covers a dislike of the IRA and Islamists. It does not cover the Irish and Muslims.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                The biggest terror threat currently facing the UK comes from Islamists (not Muslims). While people of any creed may use suicide bombing as a terror device, the fact is that in the UK at this time, if such an attack takes place, it'll be carried out by an Islamist.

If you're staging a anti-terrorist exercise, it makes sense to make it as realistic as possible - so the use of Allalu Akhbar in the simulation seems perfectly justified.

That way (hopefully!) fewer people will die if/when such an attack happens. Including fewer Muslims, as these Islamists really don't give a toss about who dies (The Easter attacks in Lahore killed Muslims quite as readily as Christians, and in larger numbers.). The sensibilities of the masses towards the police for past behaviour, do not trump matters of public safety today - so while I understand SueEllens point, I think it irrelevant.

The police should have said - we apologise for any offence caused, but it was necessary for the operation to be as realistic as possible, and the biggest terrorist danger facing Britain is currently from Islamists.

My long memory of attacks in the UK covers a dislike of the IRA and Islamists. It does not cover the Irish and Muslims.
                Feck a post from you that makes sense! I was with you all the way until the last paragraph, I understand why you are attempting to differentiate between islamists and muslims to avoid any phobia labels but much like attempts to separate the german population from Nazis during the 1930's will be doomed to failure
                Ultimately the war we are in will engulf both the active and non islamist Muslim population in Europe
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                  ... much like attempts to separate the german population from Nazis during the 1930's will be doomed to failure...
                  Even then, some people were able to differentiate, which I would encourage. You are right though - this is ongoing, so the memory point doesn't really work wrt Islamists.

From SueEllen's argument, it seems she thinks it justified that some people hated Germans even into the 1980s.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Even then, some people were able to differentiate, which I would encourage. You are right though - this is ongoing, so the memory point doesn't really work wrt Islamists.

From SueEllen's argument, it seems she thinks it justified that some people hated Germans even into the 1980s.
                    Putting words in people's mouths again.

Comment

Putting words in people's mouths again.
                      Not at all -just a logical consequence of what you've said.

You said that people are justified hating the police because of what happened in the past. That would be exactly the same as saying that people were justified in hating the Germans because of the war. How can agree with the former and disagree with the latter?

Comment

Working...
                      X