• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's not easy being on the bench

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by unemployed View Post
    I thought contactors were rich feckers

Fecking chipboard coated in veneer thinner than a skin graft

Feck them ikea barstewards
    IKEA is good for throw away furniture.

Plus their "lovely" Billy bookcases are virtually indestructible.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
      They found it! Someone handed it in to Ikea lost+found. Thanks whoever you are! Big banana or whatever!

Trying to unbar it now.
      Good news. I think 99% of people these days will hand in things like this...

BUT not the scrote who picked my Bose headphones up that I dropped outside hotel room - gone 30 mins later and not handed in. Hotel did promise to check cctv and I keep emailing them but "manager hasnt done it yet". Two days ago - be pretty pointless in a bit.
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
        What's the best Sammy currently has to offer? No an Apple person. Sony Z5 ?
        Can I suggest thinking outside the box and get a UleFone Power?

I ordered a new phone and went with the Sony Xperia Z5, luckily the place I ordered it from messed the order so after a week of being messed about I cancelled. Thank god. It might be a good phone but it's not £400 worth of good phone.

I then researched and found the UleFone Power, never heard of them, but thought 'what the hell' and dived in. Shipped from China in about 2 weeks, paid with Paypal so you're protected.

Had it a few months now and it's fantastic:

+ Battery last ~3 days in normal use.
        + Vanilla Android (no bloatware, no malware (beware some 3rd party dealers on Amazon can install stuff though)
        + Extremely slick, no lagging, no annoyances
        + Fingerprint Unlock
        + Full HD
        + 13Mb Sony Camera
        + Can tweak stuff with "MTK Engineer Mode"
        + Feels very well built, nice and heavy.
        + Supposedly a Marshmallow update coming, but the 5.1 it ships with is great.

Only negative is, yes it comes from China so if there was ever a fault, it's likely to be a ballache replacing it.

I took the risk and never looked back, oh it costs £120 too so I saved about £300 for a similar spec phone.
        Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
        "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          BUT not the scrote who picked my Bose headphones up that I dropped outside hotel room - gone 30 mins later and not handed in. Hotel did promise to check cctv and I keep emailing them but "manager hasnt done it yet". Two days ago - be pretty pointless in a bit.
          A crime has taken place; report it to the rozzers and get a crime number and they'll do the work for you (possibly, if they've not got any more 70's celebrity alleged sexual misconduct cases to investigate first).
          Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
          "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
            A crime has taken place; report it to the rozzers and get a crime number and they'll do the work for you (possibly, if they've not got any more 70's celebrity alleged sexual misconduct cases to investigate first).
            Look forward to the reconstruction on CrimeWatch next week...

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
              Good news. I think 99% of people these days will hand in things like this...

Well, if you're a proper contractor, then the only people who could have stolen it are either the staff or the other guests who have access to the executive floor.
              Use your points from the hotel chain to buy a new pair.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  Well roger me senseless with Swedish meatballs. Great news!
                  NLYUK said that will be an extra £50!
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

They needed something to plug their headphones into.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Yeah right. I'll get lots of interest from them. Waste of time...
                      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X