• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has the USA gone mad?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the Republican nominee for President of the United States is:

Donald "my hair is a separate legal entity" Trump....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      And the Republican nominee for President of the United States is:

Donald "my hair is a separate legal entity" Trump....
      Interesting times ahead
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Is it true that Future-Biff's character in Back to the Future II was based on Trump, or is that something people have come up with after the fact?
        According to the screenwriter, yes - https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...n-donald-trump

Comment

Clinton's a snake in the grass. Can't believe people are saying that she's the better option. She's a politician for hire to the highest bidder with no spine or opinions of her own.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            Clinton's a snake in the grass. Can't believe people are saying that she's the better option. She's a politician for hire to the highest bidder with no spine or opinions of her own.
            So she's a politician then?

the rest of the sentence just describe one!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              So she's a politician then?

the rest of the sentence just describe one!
              Others have their own opinions, but she's seen more flip flops than an Aussie surf shop.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Others have their own opinions, but she's seen more flip flops than an Aussie surf shop.
                Is that the equivalent to Cameron's U-Turns?

The China Syndrome.
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  Interesting times ahead
                  We are all doomed. DOOMED!

Least Reagan practised politics...
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Is a self-serving, weak moderate better than an obnoxious extreme right-wing bigot or an extreme left-wing idealist? Um, yes probably. It's the people who truly believe in their views who are the dangerous ones!

You know it is possible for a person to change their mind...
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I'm even more confused about this election than the Brexit vote next month and I'm always nervous about getting in a political debate with the locals here in the North East US as it just shows how divided people are on what the real issues are here on a national level.

Both are bad options (I don't like either of them as people) but I agree with an earlier poster that whoever is elected despite all the rhetoric they will slip into the Washington mindset soon enough. It's a similar story back in the UK too with New Labour being more conservative than the conservatives at the time when they were in power.

I'm still waiting for my Brexit postal vote to come across the pond and will think long and hard about what each side is proposing and try to cut through the BS

Comment

Working...
                      X