• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractors acting like permies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Take them out and shoot them. You know it makes sense. Culls are occasionally necessary...
    I agree but culls are no longer tax deductible and I'll be b********d if I'm wasting my money.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
      "We (the client) are looking at this ....... in 18 mths".

Worse still, they gave her an award usually given to permies.
      Sounds like source grapes to me, never mind you might be in the running next year
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I agree but culls are no longer tax deductible and I'll be b********d if I'm wasting my money.

Think of it as practice. Target practice is a good thing, you want to be ready for when you need to shoot rats/weasels.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Think of it as practice. Target practice is a good thing, you want to be ready for when you need to shoot rats/weasels.
          How did you get on with the squirrel the other day?

Comment

NCOTBAC

Discount carpet centres all over the place these days. Roll-ends are cheap enough.

That said, I'm looking at selling up the quicklime stock and moving into pig-farming.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
              How did you get on with the squirrel the other day?

He hasn't returned, but I've got a bit more practising in.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                He hasn't returned, but I've got a bit more practising in.
                Have you tried dressing up as a sexy lady squirrel to tempt him back?

Comment

Not yet. Can I borrow your costume?

I have left peanuts and corn out for him. I know he likes corn based on the rate he goes through the chicken food.

Unrelated, but possibly interesting, my trail cam has answered the question of whether we have a fox or a badger visiting our garden. Turns out it's one of each.

Comment

No, but he married a fox and it turned into an elephant.

HTHBIDI
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

So which one of you is the cat killer / ripper?

More cat deaths in London as three pets found decapitated | UK news | The Guardian
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X