• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Average price of London home to reach £400K

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SallyAnne
    Flubby it is!

Thats quite cute actually - I think I'd call a seal Flubby....or maybe an otter.

Are you a tubby aqautic creature also?
    Aquatic.

Nope. Check out the avatar...
    Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

My hair and make-up are fairly flawless actually, flub boy.

I was referring to people paying so much money for houses in a place that
      a) is horrific
      b) is stupidly unfriendly
      c) is full of cockneys
      d) has no water!

Ridiculous!
      What's the difference with the rest of UK? At least you get some more money in London.

p.s. the rest of England almost cost as much anyway.

pps. Sally Anne must be Janey and I must be Threaded.
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Flubster
        Check out the avatar...
        I had a look at your avatar, but it says that I can't view it because...

No, wait...
        Last edited by Xenophon; 25 October 2006, 11:11. Reason: replaced 'read' with 'view'
        Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Move, get out? I know it's a hard concept for some to grasp but london contrary to popular belief is not the centre of the universe!

You work there cos' you earn more, pay up or shut up.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Well this London property story isn't so amazing...
            In Eastern Europe land prices went over 20 times their value in 3 years, around the major cities (not just one place...)
            I read a story today about a new Romanian billionaire who bought some land for 50k euros in 2002 and sold the land last month for over 1 million euros. This without any major investments in the land itself, only general property development in that area...
            The strange fact is that these new Eastern Europe property tycoons are not smart people at all, some of them even recognized to the press that initially they had some money (a couple of grands in pounds) but without a proper business idea they invested in land without even dreaming of the profits which are cashed now, at an incredible rate of 2000% in 3 years...
            The rest is silence...

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
              the rest of England almost cost as much anyway.

No!!

I'm on £585 a day in Newcastle.
              My 3 storey (yes, 3 STOREY!!!) house with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 4 downstairs rooms, garden, yard, garage, etc etc cost me £200k.
              if I didn't have my house, I could rent for about £500 a month I reckon, for a 2 bed place in a nice area.
              It takes pretty much everyone I know about half an hour to get to work. I myself pay £4 for a return ticket.
              I can get a treble vodka and mixer for £1.25 at my local.

Its just not the same. Yous are all barking mad!
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

No!!

I'm on £585 a day in Newcastle.
                My 3 storey (yes, 3 STOREY!!!) house with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 4 downstairs rooms, garden, yard, garage, etc etc cost me £200k.
                if I didn't have my house, I could rent for about £500 a month I reckon, for a 2 bed place in a nice area.
                It takes pretty much everyone I know about half an hour to get to work. I myself pay £4 for a return ticket.
                I can get a treble vodka and mixer for £1.25 at my local.

Its just not the same. Yous are all barking mad!
                Yeah, but it doesn't make up for being surrounded by thieving Geordies, does it?
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

It beats being surrounded by suicide bombers though.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                    Yeah, but it doesn't make up for being surrounded by thieving Geordies, does it?
                    And I'd prefer being referred to as 'me old mucker' instead of 'pet' any day of the week...except I don;t live in London....or GeordieLand for that matter...
                    Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru

Must be like living in an episode of Auf Wiedersen Pet.
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X