• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

the comeback of german militarism

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Mum won't like it, Uncle Arthur.
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I've got half a pound of sausages for you, Mr Mainwaring.

Comment

We're doomed, I tell ye, doomed!

Comment

Originally posted by Swamp Thing
            Dialing back the jingoism for a minute and returning to the thread: I think this is a bold move for the Germans and should be supported by other nations. The UN is crying out for more troops around the globe. Let the Germans play their part. This transformation from defensive force to expeditionary force will not have been easy for the Germans. WW2 has been quite a stigma for the country, and the current generation are extremely well-informed about the country’s track record, and are actually quite ashamed about it.
            This new stance shows that the country is overcoming its post-WW2 complex, and that should be applauded. This action is part of a growing national psyche that says “We are moving on”. Perhaps we should too?

Well said ST. This was the crux of my original post.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

I was supporting Germany at the weekend and practising full integration.
              But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
                I don't care who helped who, we won. Played 2, won 2 lost 0 in the whole world war thing!
                As they say in cricket, look in the scorebook.

Comment

I wonder if everyone will be as happy when Japan decides to go nuclear (apparently seriously considered, but rejected this time around, when NK announced its test).

And the Italians, of course won both World Wars, though they accidentally played for the wrong team for most of the second one.

And so did the French, without any help from anyone, particularly not those Anglo-Saxons.
                  Life is just nature's way of keeping meat fresh

Comment

anyway in the seventies they rounded up the generals in charge of planning the invasion of the uk , and staged a war game to see what would happen using the original german invasion plans, ww2 rations, irons crosses, sten guns etc. Apparently if they had tried an invasion they would have been fcuked

Comment

Originally posted by mrdonuts
                      Apparently if they had tried an invasion they would have been fcuked
                      Operation Sea Lion required achieving air superiority, in which case Stukas would have provided good enough cover, not sure British Navy could have possible being defeated, but if Luftwaffe achieved air superiority then I suppose they could have kept Navy away from transports.

The result would not be certain by any means, but Germans have won battles in much worse conditions later in the war.

Comment

Working...
                      X