• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'Exclusive' Accountancy Offer from IPSE

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Didn't IPSE do you a "favour" with your VAT enquiry this year?
    The service they supplied that I paid for was very good in dealing with my VAT enquiry yes but I'm not talking about that.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      What has that to do with IPSE seemingly lack of care when promoting and accrediting (looking at PC's post) accountants?
      If you choose an IPSE accredited accountant, they will be a qualified accountant that has gone through the IPSE training and assesment programme. I have no doubt that if IPSE received a number of substantiated complaints about a particular provider, it would be looked into.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        If you choose an IPSE accredited accountant, they will be a qualified accountant that has gone through the IPSE training and assesment programme. I have no doubt that if IPSE received a number of substantiated complaints about a particular provider, it would be looked into.
        Fair enough they don't want to strike someone off because of one whinging contractor (like me!). In this case, myself and a friend both had the same experience and both left.

We both complained to IPSE. They weren't interested at all so I could not even log a complaint with them.

Heres how it went:-

Me: I have some concerns about one of the accountants thats IPSE registered.
        IPSE: If you've got a complaint about a contractor you need to contact the regulatory body.
        Me: No they haven't done anything illegal or anything I just don't think they are suitable as a contractor accountant.
        IPSE: Nothing to do with us.
        Me: But you're recommending them. Can't I, at least, provide feedback on my experience to someone to consider?
        IPSE: Nothing to do with us. We're not getting involved. If the accountant has paid and gone through the training and assessment then they can advertise they're services as such on our website but we don't get involved in individual issues.

Pretty piss poor in my book anyway.....

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          Fair enough they don't want to strike someone off because of one whinging permatractor (like me!).
          FTFY

In this case, myself and a friend both had the same experience and both left.
          Now we know you are spinning us a tale.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            A brand's reputation can be damaged by the company it keeps. Chanel doesn't provide bargain stores with their perfume for a reason.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              FTFY

Now we know you are spinning us a tale.
              NLUK mun. Come on this is beneath even you. At least stick to the topic in question to abuse me rather than come up with random insults.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                NLUK mun. Come on this is beneath even you. At least stick to the topic in question to abuse me rather than come up with random insults.
                Nope. Quite within my modus operandi in General, particularly when I believe the FTFY is a fact. Sorry.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

After being bitten once I refuse to give my business to any 'recommended partners at a special price' endorsements by any site, there is obviously a kickback involved, prefer word of mouth and the bunch of saddos that frequent these forums (and I include myself in that description)

Comment

Working...
                  X