• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Overweight IT Contractors' weight loss diary: month 1

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SallyAnne
    ) I've just actually realised how much 0.3kg is - thats 7lbs!!! Which is a very healthy weight to loose in a month!

Well done ATW - you're right, we're all thick )

Congratulations mate - so how are you doing it then?
    I'm a frayed knot. 0.3kg is 0.66lbs in old money, or not quite 11 ounces, the size of a decent steak, so it really was quite as pathetic as first thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Crosby
      You get used to it.

The centre has a few, but nothing on the scale of Newcastle. I should have been there this week but the job had the plug pulled.....

It wasn't too bad actually - I was just joking. The pubs next to the river were quite nice, and I seem to remember a particularly drunken night in Flares

And Birmingham does have a very cool Italian fast food place in the train station which saved my life last year when I was travelling through it every monday and friday )

Thats a shame about your job - where was it for? Are you allowed to say?
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
        I'm a frayed knot. 0.3kg is 0.66lbs in old money, or not quite 11 ounces, the size of a decent steak, so it really was quite as pathetic as first thought.

Maths was never my strong point like!

Oh dear - you could have probably lost more weight doing a poo!
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

It wasn't too bad actually - I was just joking. The pubs next to the river were quite nice, and I seem to remember a particularly drunken night in Flares

And Birmingham does have a very cool Italian fast food place in the train station which saved my life last year when I was travelling through it every monday and friday )

Thats a shame about your job - where was it for? Are you allowed to say?
          It was in Durham, but I was going to stay in Newcastle.

Flares is dodgy in any town.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            Prune juice - A Warrior's Drink... as my Klingon friend once said...

And it makes you tulip through the eye of a needle...

I've never really undersyood that expression. Does it mean your poos are very very thin? Or that your bottom refuses to open?
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Crosby
              It was in Durham, but I was going to stay in Newcastle.

Flares is dodgy in any town.

It wasn't for the council was it? They're a right bunch of knackers - couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery!
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

I've never really undersyood that expression. Does it mean your poos are very very thin? Or that your bottom refuses to open?
                CChico will explain it better. It's a paraphrase about camels and getting into heaven.
                Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                  Doh! I'm aware of that. But it does lead to sustained weight loss due to the calories being burnt up. I doubt there's another sport as efficient at that.
                  Rowing.

Next.

Comment

It wasn't for the council was it? They're a right bunch of knackers - couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery!
                    No, it's for the . Neither can they.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

Maths was never my strong point like!

Oh dear - you could have probably lost more weight doing a poo!
                      It is well known that AtW is full of tulip so he might be able to shed quite a few pounds by launching a few depth charges (being careful not to crack the porcelain, of course).

Comment

Working...
                      X