• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When the guy interviewing you is way below your level......

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    If you go in with the attitude of trying to impress/baffle the interviewer with your terminology then contracting probably isn't for you.
    I find a riddle and some flute get them relaxed enough.

https://youtu.be/5rax50efCUk

Yessssssssssss

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Maybe its for a junior role?

Comment

I prefer this type of interviewer than the 'guru' who feels he needs to come over as superior, so asks some obscure questions that anyone in real life would just look up on the internet rather than need to memorise.

Still it helps if you find out the culture will be like that at interview rather than later.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
          I prefer this type of interviewer than the 'guru' who feels he needs to come over as superior, so asks some obscure questions that anyone in real life would just look up on the internet rather than need to memorise.

Still it helps if you find out the culture will be like that at interview rather than later.
          Indeed.

I've seen some terrible interview questions posted in the past. It makes matters worse when the person asking gets the question wrong before you've had a chance to get the answer right (or more likely wrong based on the opinion of one of Bob Showaddiwaddi's cousins on allinterview)
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post

I've been contracting for 6 years now....

Maybe it isn't for me but then plan B/C hasn't taken off yet so what else am I supposed to do?
            6 whole years...WOW...I'm surprised you have lasted quite that long.

The best thing is that you come across like the most arrogant bell end ever, but you don't even realise it.
            That's actually fine, in my book, as long as you are actually good enough to carry it off.

Unfortunately your other posts, on here, suggest otherwise.
            How's you star fecker / celeb gig going, did you last longer than 2 weeks?
            Last edited by MrMarkyMark; 4 April 2016, 13:57.
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
              6 whole years...WOW...I'm surprised you have lasted quite that long.

The best thing is that you come across like the most arrogant bell end ever, but you don't even realise it.
              That's actually fine, in my book, as long as you are actually good enough to carry it off.

Unfortunately your other posts, on here, suggest otherwise.
              How's you star fecker / celeb gig going, did you last longer than 2 weeks?

yep still there... did this interview as a fallback in case I couldn't continue on with these guys. Luckily I'm staying on another few months.

I'm amused that you are surprised when you consider that neither you or anybody else on here actually knows me.... You think that some image you have built in your little brain is an accurate reflection of reality? Or perhaps it's Jealousy? Only you will know the answer to that question I guess.

At the end of the day nobody on here has seen my work or experienced working with me, so anybody thinking they can judge me can go screw themselves quite frankly.
              Last edited by NorthWestPerm2Contr; 4 April 2016, 14:20.

Comment

At the end of the day nobody on here has seen my work or experienced working with me
                I know some people here thanking their stars for that ....

PS - This is 'General' and you have posted your moan.

Comment

Got quite peed off and actually fed back to the interviewer that how are they going to gauge my level by bringing a junior techie to interview somebody working at a more advanced level.....
                  As you haven't even mastered basic English, I seriously doubt whether you're as expert at your work as you think.
                  Or maybe you misunderstood the questions?
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

At the end of the day nobody on here has seen my work or experienced working with me,

That's 100% correct, because to work with me, you'd need to get passed the interview stage and you wouldn't at any of the clients I've worked with over the last couple of decades.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      That's 100% correct, because to work with me, you'd need to get passed the interview stage and you wouldn't at any of the clients I've worked with over the last couple of decades.
                      I guess you must have seen my CV to know all the places I've worked at. Or once again is it your little brain giving you some false sense of reality.

Comment

Working...
                      X