• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Admission

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
    So if a lawyer cannot buy my house, who the hell can?
    I will ask another question and lets see if it answers your question:

If the money is stolen and all they are trying to do is hide it in some form of asset that can in turn be hidden in an offshore trust, does the buyer want:
    a) a low house price?
    b) a very high house price?

Comment

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
      BTL is dying
      20-30 somethings have low pay and high debt ditto the generations behind them
      Generations with the money and low debt will all be dead in 30 years

Either a new model for house ownership will happen and/or a mega crash. Perhaps the state will take ownership of housing again, possibly there will be some redistribution of assets as the poor generations lurch to the left (after all they will have nothing to lose)

Could have been avoided, but political vanity and short term thinking rule the UK.
      Completely agree.
      Added to which the UK has abandoned capitalism, which I believe to be the best of the many flawed economic systems invented by human beings, in favour of cronyism and get-rich-quickism by the people at the top.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Added to which the UK has abandoned capitalism, which I believe to be the best of the many flawed economic systems invented by human beings, in favour of cronyism and get-rich-quickism by the people at the top.
        Money makes money - There's always a natural tendency for money to collect in ever larger amounts in fewer hands.

'Twas ever thus, for example back in Roman times in the late republic.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

If remaining flats in the building drop by 50% then I'd buy them all and thus have average purchase value close to new low price.

Simples.

Comment

I thought this was an April Fool post but apparently it was posted a day early?!
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              If remaining flats in the building drop by 50% then I'd buy them all and thus have average purchase value close to new low price.

Simples.
              Dirty Spekulent, repent!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                I think property prices have a LONG way to go (up) before the crash, possibly even double in the next few years, all due to intervention.

UK won't leave the EU, confidence in the UK will boom, immigration will quadruple.

To sell now is silly.

That's my last word on this thread.

Young should start rioting now in that case .

Comment

Originally posted by unemployed View Post
                  Young should start rioting now in that case .
                  Try not to trip over your selfie sticks.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Try not to trip over your selfie sticks.
                    Post an angry faced selfie on Instagram, that will show them boomers!

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                      I will ask another question and lets see if it answers your question:

If the money is stolen and all they are trying to do is hide it in some form of asset that can in turn be hidden in an offshore trust, does the buyer want:
                      a) a low house price?
                      b) a very high house price?
                      Neither. They want a stable house price.

Comment

Working...
                      X