• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Artificial Grass

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Artificial grass has no way of breaking down bird poo, urine and animal faeces, since there are no natural bacteria and microbes.

One of my neighbours replaced their 25m² lawn and had to rehome their kids' dog, since the smell was so bad that they couldn't open their living room windows for the stench.
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

A friend and his wife went down the artificial grass for a back garden route a few year ago.

They have 2 young kids but no pets. Not been round to theirs for over a year but it was holding up well. The garden (not that big and fenced in all round) was for the kids to play on and they have a big patio for the BBQs and those rare times it's sunny enough (they're up north) to sit out in.

Last I heard his wife was seriously on about getting her eyebrows removed and tattooed on instead ( ), so they are more concerned about appearances than any long term issues.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
        If you are a grounds person for a stately home/palace or sports field it's your job to keep the lawn green regardless of the season. If it's your home garden it's a waste of money in a hot summer to water your lawn.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Forget seeded lawns they don't work. My parents bought turf and had it laid. Very thick and durable, you ride bikes, play football, and cricket and it always looked good, always recovered. All the neighbours who tried to grow their own all had sickly looking lawns that you weren't allowed to walk on.

My advice buy some really durable good quality real turf, it lasts lifetime, sure it gets weeds and so on, but it will always look thick and green.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

My new house has 200m2 of lawn. I hadn't a clue how to look after it until I went here and watched their videos:

Lawnsmith

Since I have two young kids and a dog I've bought Ferrous Sulphate (kill the moss) , Fertilizer and grass seed (a hard wearing one for kids, familes, swingball, etc)

Also bought a B&D lawn raker, just need to choose the lawn mower now.

qh
            He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I am considering some fake grass under the wendy house, it sees so many little feet in the summer Knotweed would have trouble surviving.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                  Artificial grass has no way of breaking down bird poo, urine and animal faeces, since there are no natural bacteria and microbes.

One of my neighbours replaced their 25m² lawn and had to rehome their kids' dog, since the smell was so bad that they couldn't open their living room windows for the stench.
                  That's it.

There is a type of strong grass with low maintanance perfect for kids.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    I am considering some fake grass under the wendy house, it sees so many little feet in the summer Knotweed would have trouble surviving.
                    and its done 2*£5 from Lidl

we have carpet in the wendy house.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X