• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has Britain become a depressing dump?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    The North is uncrowded, untroubled by terrorism and still quite homogeneous (to the extent you actually notice when you see a black/chinese person outside a city). Plus, house prices are still sensible (ish).

I'm not sure if the weather is much worse than the south really - it's dry on the east and wet on the west and you get really nice long summer days due to being further north.
    And Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
      So lets get this straight we shouldn't take immigrants but we should all clear off to other countries, so If I emigrate to Australia what will I be?
      A criminal chunt?

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
        If it were not for European (Specifically Eastern) immigration, I would have bought myself a one way ticket to Switzerland
        Now you're making UKIP seem like an attractive proposition.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          The North is uncrowded, untroubled by terrorism and still quite homogeneous (to the extent you actually notice when you see a black/chinese person outside a city). Plus, house prices are still sensible (ish).

I'm not sure if the weather is much worse than the south really - it's dry on the east and wet on the west and you get really nice long summer days due to being further north.
          North of what? Scotland? or England?

Where are Bradford, Cleckheaton, Wakefield, Batley, Rotherham, Sheffield? South of UK?

Have you ever crossed the North of Watford?

Comment

Originally posted by Forgotmylogin View Post
            Now you're making UKIP seem like an attractive proposition.
            Why? Does UKIP have any good looking Eastern European lasses as members?

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
              We shouldn't take useless immigrants, only the useful ones. And those of us here are mostly "the useful ones" and are likely to be welcomed by other countries
              None are useful. Send them all home. Lets get house prices back to sensible levels.

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
                We shouldn't take useless immigrants, only the useful ones. And those of us here are mostly "the useful ones" and are likely to be welcomed by other countries
                Define Useful immigrants.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Lets get house prices back to sensible levels.
                  Is this even now possible without some kind of eye watering recession? I think the idea is great, but mortgage debt is the UK's financial crack.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                    Is this even now possible without some kind of eye watering recession? I think the idea is great, but mortgage debt is the UK's financial crack.
                    While there is cheap money, the party will carry on.
                    When that stops, the resulting recession/depression will make 2008 look like a walk in the park.
                    It's inevitable that this much debt is going to cause problems.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

I would run away back to Australia it was good there but they did ban me for 5 years so may have to reconsider maybe Spain its hot

Comment

Working...
                      X