• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm not a huge fan of Sport Relief et al...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Trying to change the subject are we?

So you refuse to cycle or run for charity but it's fine to have a go at others who do.....
    That is too far. MF helped enormously with raising money for my first IM. He created a thread that was highly appreciated and generated a lot of interest. In the end I was sponsored by 29 posters.

I would like to say a big thanks to all who have sponsored me through various endurance challenges.

Quite frankly, I would have done my events anyway. Charity earning was icing on the cake.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      That is too far. MF helped enormously with raising money for my first IM. He created a thread that was highly appreciated and generated a lot of interest. In the end I was sponsored by 29 posters.

Well, it was a 50-50 split, so I was happy to help. Charity starts at home.

Don't see the point of all this charity bollocks. Surely that's why we pay taxes, so the Government will pay for all that guff.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Well, it was a 50-50 split, so I was happy to help. Charity starts at home.

Don't see the point of all this charity bollocks. Surely that's why we pay taxes, so the Government will pay for all that guff.
        http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...-free-day.html

A very funny opening post. Not that I appreciated it at the time - I was bricking it.....

Comment

Don't discourage him.
          If Jo Brand can walk 20 miles a day for a week with a few months training you can run a marathon with 12 months training.

No one is expecting you to be fast. In fact if you can come last it will be an achievement.
          That's because its in London on hard surfaces with rubbish air quality.
          I see what you're doing here and I'm not raising to the bait.
          Yes I could do a marathon if I choose to train for it, and it wouldn't take me a year to get ready for it, and while not fast I could get around in less than 6 hours.

I just don't like running. Cycling is another thing
          Trying to change the subject are we?

So you refuse to cycle or run for charity but it's fine to have a go at others who do.....
          http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...-free-day.html

A very funny opening post. Not that I appreciated it at the time - I was bricking it.....
          Ok Lovebirds. That was a nice conversation.

Comment

I managed it very easily after a 2.5 mile swim and 112 mile cycle.
            And rather a lot of general fitness/endurance training.

No, taxes are to run the nation's infrastructure
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Not wishing to sound like a grumpy old git... As I am impressed by how much money he has raised... But I wish people would stop going on about the physical achievement. He has basically walked most of it and split up the day by not running for four hours in the middle. In other words a nice gentle run/walk in the morning followed by a few hours rest and then another few hours in the evening. Most AVERAGE people could achieve this.... and before I get slated for saying I dont know what I am talking about.... I have over a decade of marathon.... Triathlon.... And ultra distance experience.... Some for charity...some just for me......the money.... AMAZING.... The physical achievement.... AVERAGE

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                Ok Lovebirds. That was a nice conversation.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Charities are big business these days, with the salaries and premises to go with it, not to mention the 'celebrity' endorsements.

I fail to see the attraction of giving money (with or without the physical punishment) to one of these 'catch all' charities. If you're going to do it, pick a local cause and donate your time and money, you will be surprised at the difference you make and the rewards you get from it.

Maybe I'm old school by your efforts for charity should be a private matter.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
                    Maybe I'm old school by your efforts for charity should be a private matter.
                    A lot of people want to give to charity. They just need an excuse.

Comment

I was in the US. When is it this year?
                      I've signed up for this

Three Counties Cycle ride 2016

Comment

Working...
                      X