• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm not a huge fan of Sport Relief et al...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    No you have to run 26.2 miles in one go otherwise no sponsorship.

If you start training now you will be able to run one in 12 months.
    I'm not sure about that. One mile sounds an awful long way. I'd probably need 24 months training.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      I'm not sure about that. One mile sounds an awful long way. I'd probably need 24 months training.
      How long did your doctor give you BTW?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Dunno about "easily". I did the circle line walk last weekend - just over 16 miles - 5 hours of walking. It was a lot harder than I'd anticipated.
        Don't discourage him.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Don't discourage him.
          Well if you have a pint at each pub it's bound to be hard

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            If Jo Brand can walk 20 miles a day for a week with a few months training you can run a marathon with 12 months training.

No one is expecting you to be fast. In fact if you can come last it will be an achievement.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

If Jo Brand can walk 20 miles a day for a week with a few months training you can run a marathon with 12 months training.
              Are you saying that MF is fatter than JB ?!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                Dunno about "easily". I did the circle line walk last weekend - just over 16 miles - 5 hours of walking. It was a lot harder than I'd anticipated.
                That's because its in London on hard surfaces with rubbish air quality.

Comment

No one is expecting you to be fast. In fact if you can come last it will be an achievement.
                  I see what you're doing here and I'm not raising to the bait.
                  Yes I could do a marathon if I choose to train for it, and it wouldn't take me a year to get ready for it, and while not fast I could get around in less than 6 hours.

I just don't like running. Cycling is another thing

Comment

Wasn't the point that she didn't do months of training, and that's why "just walking" was actually a lot harder than it sounded (it sounded like a doss after previous challenges)
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      I wouldn't say easily. 4mph non-stop for 6 hours is a fair pace. Certainly possible for most reasonably fit people.
                      I managed it very easily after a 2.5 mile swim and 112 mile cycle.

You and I can walk one easily in under 6 hours but MF just needs to get his butt round before they close the course.
                      So he can attempt enduroman in June? HOME - Enduroman Ultra Events

Marathon in 3 days. 8.8 miles per day.

Comment

Working...
                      X