• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Obama throws Cameron under the bus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obama throws Cameron under the bus

Dave is not having a good time of it...

Barack Obama says David Cameron allowed Libya to become a 's*** show' | UK Politics | News | The Independent

Seems a bit teflon but any spanking for CMD is a good thing
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Must feel good, knowing that at this stage in the geopolitical game he can call Cameron out for being a worthless incompetent tuliphead that nobody likes or respects

Comment

I was hoping this was going to be a literal post.

Obama is such a twunt. The only good thing about him is being black which makes a nice change.

And now he has sunk to new levels of twuntishness. When in doubt blame foreigners. Sort of attitude that bought Hitler to power.

And, for the record, Libya used to have more Tulips than Holland and Cameron would only ever have a minor effect on that.

Now if Obama had said that Cameron had made the UK even worse than Blair did, I would have agreed....

Comment

Obama is a complete and utter chunt, but anything he says that can shatter the myth of the so-called "special relationship" is good in my book. We need to stop pretending that America is our best friend and get on with being ourselves. America does what is good for America. They don't give a tulip about us unless it's in their interest.

We need to start doing what's good for us for once, and stuff what everyone else thinks.

Comment

We got a UN mandate, we built a coalition, it cost us $1bn – which, when it comes to military operations, is very cheap. We averted large-scale civilian casualties, we prevented what almost surely would have been a prolonged and bloody civil conflict. And despite all that, Libya is a mess.”

The idea the americans avoided large scale civilian casualties other than by standing back and letting the RAF do the job properly is pretty laughable. They just love blowing things up.

Sorry CMD is a twunt but this mess belongs to the Septics.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

That was awesome and well-deserved. Now if only the UK would do its fair share in Europe, other nations might take us more seriously.

If you're going to be a "world player" it takes more than nukes, get real or eff off.

Comment

This could cause a rift in the Special Poodleship !
              Last edited by zemoxyl; 11 March 2016, 09:35.

Comment

It was a lunatic venture but the US can't talk after Vietnam, Afghanistan and Iraq.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  It was a lunatic venture but the US can't talk after Vietnam, Afghanistan and Iraq.
                  Obama wasn't in the drivers seat for those. Or shall we lampoon Britain over that farcical performance in the Colonies in the 1770s forever?

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                    Dave is not having a good time of it...

Barack Obama says David Cameron allowed Libya to become a 's*** show' | UK Politics | News | The Independent

Seems a bit teflon but any spanking for CMD is a good thing
                    I think he may be referring to the inevitable results of this kind of thing:

2015-03-09 British Army could be cut to just 50,000 over next four years, report warns

Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X