• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dunkirk Migrants

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dunkirk Migrants

So I am taking family Ksr78 family on a little road trip to Europe in May and have booked a ferry to come back via Dunkirk to avoid the migrant camp in Calais. I have been reading that the migrant camp has been moved to Dunkirk now, so does any know how near it is to the ferry port ?

Not sure I'd risk driving over there in my car.

Comment

It's right in the middle of the ferry port. Gendarmes are on duty, with weapons drawn, and will force you to drive at no more than 5kph (approx. 3mph) between serried ranks of migrants, who have been issued with axes. Locking your vehicle doors is forbidden.

HTH.

Comment

A couple of minutes on Google reveals that the new Dunkirk camp, established by Medicins Sans Frontieres, is in the Grande Synthe area: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.0078317,2.3042716,14z

Although it's a new camp, it's only replacing an existing one - in other words, it isn't necessarily the case that those in Calais have moved, though some might have, I suppose; there's been a camp in Dunkirk for ages.

More on MSF's work in the region: France: MSF's work in Calais and Dunkirk camps | MSF UK

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          It's right in the middle of the ferry port. Gendarmes are on duty, with weapons drawn, and will force you to drive at no more than 5kph (approx. 3mph) between serried ranks of migrants, who have been issued with axes. Locking your vehicle doors is forbidden.

HTH.

Sounds like the Monkey enclosure at Longleat. Bare bottoms against your window while another pulls off your windscreen wipers and eats your washers.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Sounds like the Monkey enclosure at Longleat. Bare bottoms against your window while another pulls off your windscreen wipers and eats your washers.
            sounds like a night out with Brillo!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Not sure I'd risk driving over there in my car.

That's why I'd never vote UKIP. An eleven year old Renault for Chrissakes.
              You become what you vote, vote UKIP and everyone will become a poor Renault driving simpleton with no GCSEs.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                sounds like a night out with Brillo!
                You've never had your wiper pulled off hard or had a rubber bitten into?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  That's why I'd never vote UKIP. An eleven year old Renault for Chrissakes.
                  You become what you vote, vote UKIP and everyone will become a poor Renault driving simpleton with no GCSEs.
                  Absolute idiotic response as expected.

Renaults would be banned you fookwit.

Comment

Don't know what the fuss is about. In 1940, we got 330,000 out of Dunkirk in a few days! Then again, the Germans were behind that migration policy too

Comment

Working...
                    X