• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

High taxation in Norway

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    FTFY

Thanks to the Baby boomer generation there is now plenty of rented accomodation so the younger generation can focus more on their playstations.

Have a nice day.

I hope they make the most of the opportunities that present themselves to the young.

Amazon Prime Day deal slashes £40 selfie stick to £20. Hurry while stocks last ... | Central Somerset Gazette

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
      I've worked in Oslo a few times. It's a very orderly, well run city. The Norwegians I worked with were pleasant and well educated and clearly enjoyed a good standard of living

..... however they spend most of their time complaining about how much everything costs and how much tax they pay.

It is eye-wateringly expensive.

Stuff you would expect to pay a fiver for in the UK, you are looking at 2 - 3 times the cost in Norway.
      WHS, and I've heard that beer in Norway costs the equivalent of almost £10 per pint.

It's a wonder most Norwegians don't simply brew their own beer and wine, unless they're public spirited to the point of being simple minded!
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Long, cold, dark winters. Expensive to live, but having attractive women. I expect the men spend most of their time shagging, not worrying about tax rates.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          WHS, and I've heard that beer in Norway costs the equivalent of almost £10 per pint.
          Yes. That's almost the same price as a pint in a fancy London gastro-pub.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Long, cold, dark winters. Expensive to live, but having attractive women. I expect the men spend most of their time shagging, not worrying about tax rates.
            You've hit the nail on the head, I've always wondered why Scandanavian women are attractive, probably if they weren't they would have sat around lethargically worrying about high taxes and long dark nights and died out.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

My company certainly don't pay CT of 27%.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                My company certainly don't pay CT of 27%.
                Are you in Norway?

Comment

Working...
                X