• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Client bitching about hours- pisses me off!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FMCG View Post
    First contract that I have worked hourly.

Employer wanted me to try and average a 40/hour week. Started to pull it back to under 40hours/week to redress the numbers and now "I really needed it this week" or "could you focus on this/that/etc"............watching the realisation dawn is priceless.

His classic foot in mouth this week "but, they do not get trough half of your workload".
    realisation of what?

Comment

Originally posted by OnceStonedRose View Post
      realisation of what?
      Sorry - trying to limit hours leading to things not getting done.

Northernladuk - sometimes you speak sense ClientCo not Employer.

Comment

Originally posted by coolhandluke View Post
        Nothing pissed me off more than contractors strolling in at 10 / 10:30. Giving it the large one, stating "I worked until 9pm four weeks ago, so I'm owed this or that".
        Otherwise known as not bending over and being taken for a ride.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          When talking to a permie, most don't understand the concept of invoicing (or indeed of not getting money when sick/on holiday, etc). Talking using their terminology makes it easier for them to grasp a concept.

If it makes you happier, you can say to a permie "so you worked a day for free this year?"
          Along similar lines i have to just nod and prentend I understand when the permies talk about "pay day". When is this "pay day" that the permies talk about anyway
          "You can't climb the ladder of success, with your hands in the pockets"
          Arnold Schwarzenegger

Comment

Originally posted by No2politics View Post
            Along similar lines i have to just nod and prentend I understand when the permies talk about "pay day". When is this "pay day" that the permies talk about anyway
            You don't have a day your LTD pays you and you have to file your RTI???
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              You don't have a day your LTD pays you and you have to file your RTI???
              I pay my salary each month when i get round to it, so no fixed day...
              Arnold Schwarzenegger

Comment

I pay my salary each month when i get round to it, so no fixed day...
                So you have a pay day. It's just your HR is so crap you don't know when it is......

Why not set a DD up so you don't have to worry about it and your RTI will be the same every month?
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
                  Otherwise known as not bending over and being taken for a ride.
                  Not really, just doing a good job and being professional. The 9pm in question wasn't due to workload but a 11am start.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    So you have a pay day. It's just your HR is so crap you don't know when it is......

Why not set a DD up so you don't have to worry about it and your RTI will be the same every month?
                    To be honest I leave me accountant (nixon williams) to worry about RTI. I have to log into internet banking once a month anyway to do expenses so its no big deal for me
                    Arnold Schwarzenegger

Comment

To be honest I leave me accountant (nixon williams) to worry about RTI. I have to log into internet banking once a month anyway to do expenses so its no big deal for me
                      Set up a standing order to pay your salary on the same day in the month for the next 12 months every April then you only have to worry about paying back expenses when you remember.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X