• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Client bitching about hours- pisses me off!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    He was referring to NLYUK.
    NLUK was caught inside NLYUK?

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
      NLUK was caught inside NLYUK?
      Who wasn't?

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
        Who wasn't?
        His accountant.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          His accountant.
          he was, he waived his fee for a weekly ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Boo View Post
            Hourly rate.

Boo

I love being on a hourly rate. Personal record was 95 hours on one week's timesheet to hit a deadline that would cost the client a serious loss of face if missed. Whole team clocked up a similar tally, with free pizzas thrown in by the PM during the late shifts. Saving face can cost a lot.

I have no idea how doctors/nurses do those kind of hours regularly. I was knackered and would not have done it if it was a day rate. Stuff TOIL, unless it's Time Of In Loo, on the client's dime.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

i hope he used IR35 protection

Comment

Next time he makes a comment about the early or late shift, just say your lucky I turn up for work with the amount of money I've got in the bank. If you can hand him your invoice at the same time that should sort out all your problems.

Comment

First contract that I have worked hourly.

Employer wanted me to try and average a 40/hour week. Started to pull it back to under 40hours/week to redress the numbers and now "I really needed it this week" or "could you focus on this/that/etc"............watching the realisation dawn is priceless.

His classic foot in mouth this week "but, they do not get trough half of your workload".

Comment

Hope you are not still calling them employers...
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

In a previous life before this one I was usually the sole permie (fool) working on various projects with 10 - 20 contractors. Nothing pissed me off more than contractors strolling in at 10 / 10:30. Giving it the large one, stating "I worked until 9pm four weeks ago, so I'm owed this or that".

Now in my new and improved life I always make sure I turn up on time, let the client know if I'm going to be late and put in a decent day. None of this 3:59pm and your 7 hours are up rubbish.

Seems to work well for me...

Comment

Working...
                      X