• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FAO NickFitz / Norrahe: Reheating Pork

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FAO NickFitz / Norrahe: Reheating Pork

Having searched google and mumsnet, I am thoroughly confused with the contradicting advice on Pork reheating guidelines.

Given your experience with meat, I wondered, you might have some idea on this topic

I have a large piece of cooked ham (LIDL) and I want to make Nasi Goreng rice with it for tea tonight.

- Is it safe to cut it up into smaller chunks, stir fry and mix it with rice and other stuff?
    - Should I cut it up, re-heat in oven and then mix it with rice?
    - Should I use it for my Sandwiches tomorrow?
    - Should I shove it up into AndyW mum's oven and let it slow cook before feeding MF ?

I'm no expert (more an enthusiastic amateur) but with a cured meat like ham, you should be fine stir frying it.

If you want to keep some for butties tomorrow, you should probably set that aside first. Just reheat as much as you need, as you need it.

If Nigella is to be believed - and who are we to doubt her? - you have to be careful about heating it in the oven, not so much because of poisoning as because it can dry the ham out if done incorrectly, and dry ham is horrid: https://www.nigella.com/ask/ham-for-christmas

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      If Nigella is to be believed

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

If Nigella is to be believed - and who are we to doubt her? - you have to be careful about heating it in the oven, not so much because of poisoning as because it can dry the ham out if done incorrectly, and dry ham is horrid: https://www.nigella.com/ask/ham-for-christmas
        Mmm Pork n Nigella
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
        X