• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Junior doctors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Agreed.

I still remember a guy I was working alongside who had a cold. I asked him his symptoms told him it was a cold and told him what to do including telling him to go to a pharmacy. Next morning he was late in because he had gone to A&E early and had to wait 4 hours to be told he had a cold.....
    You qualified to dish out medical diagnoses then? I know an industry soon to be crying out for this type of expertise love?

Comment

Originally posted by Lost It View Post
      His Nuke option.

So the choices are:

We will now have full on strikes including the A&E departments.

Lots of "JD's" will pack in and go abroad.

JD's will stop doing any over time at all. They can do that. Work Time directive says so.

They can refuse to accept the contract and be "sacked".

They can all become "Agency Doctors". Now wouldn't that be a thing?

Or they can simply accept what Hunt has done to them. I can't see this scenario being the one that happens.

Hunt has achieved his aim.

Lets wait and see eh?
      Who says that what Hunt wants is not unreasonable. After all he is a member of the elected government who's task is to deliver on pledges made to the electorate. junior doctors are part off a massive monopoly that would be happy to deliver whatever it is they wish to deliver. The doctors have no obligation to anyone other than themselves
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        Who says that what Hunt wants is not unreasonable. After all he is a member of the elected government who's task is to deliver on pledges made to the electorate. junior doctors are part off a massive monopoly that would be happy to deliver whatever it is they wish to deliver. The doctors have no obligation to anyone other than themselves
        Which is why loads of them voted Tory.

On a more selfish level if the trigger for overtime payments and working too many hours is removed then I'm scared. I don't want doctors treating me who are absolutely exhausted.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

On a more selfish level if the trigger for overtime payments and working too many hours is removed then I'm scared. I don't want doctors treating me who are absolutely exhausted.
          Pretty sure this already happens. Got the scars to prove.

Comment

Doctors have obligations to their patients. It's not like being a recruitment consultant; there's a strict code of ethics involved in the practice of medicine that expressly disallows acting solely in one's own interests.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Doctors have obligations to their patients. It's not like being a recruitment consultant; there's a strict code of ethics involved in the practice of medicine that expressly disallows acting solely in one's own interests.
              And they deserve a decent pay packet whereas agencies and their staff members.....

Comment

There is nothing selfish about voting Tory
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I don't want doctors treating me who are absolutely exhausted.
                  Don't you have private medical insurance?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    We have a strict code of ethics too enforced by the fact that we are subjected to market forces. "acting solely in one's interests" is defined how exactly? presumably going on strike is something they are doing for the benefit of us?

Comment

We have a strict code of ethics too enforced by the fact that we are subjected to market forces. "acting solely in one's interests" is defined how exactly? presumably going on strike is something they are doing for the benefit of us?
                      Your clan will not think twice if selling your grandma on the high street fetches you an extra tenner.

Hope that helps

Comment

Working...
                      X