• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Market is pants

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    I would suggest, projects are signed off waiting to start in April. Agents are contacting companies asking what's coming up, getting CVs, submitting CVs.
    But no real jobs are being filled on the projects yet.
    i am going to give it til tomorrow and then booking my course for next week, at least get something accomplished during Dec and Jan.

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
      My system accepts 4 digits integers bigger than zero only, sorry .

You didn't mention that in the project brief. I'll just adjust the costs to cater for your new requirement.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        You didn't mention that in the project brief. I'll just adjust the costs to cater for your new requirement.
        That's called agile! You should accommodate for that beforehand.

Comment

Based on your CHANGE in requirements, we can accommodate your new request by rounding our data to integer level.

£0.001 rounded to £0

My invoice is £500 for the half day, plus £2,000 early completion charge.

Thank you.

Comment

Based on your CHANGE in requirements, we can accommodate your new request by rounding our data to integer level.

£0.001 rounded to £0

My invoice is £500 for the half day, plus £2,000 early completion charge.

Thank you.
            This change, which you completed without our supervision, unfortunately doesnt meet our standards. I felt like there was not enough enquiries from your end and feeling bit let down by quality of your work It was never told that we need it rounded to 0. It was implicitly stated that we are rounding numbers up to first 4 integer number (5 digits and on are completely acceptable) and any doubts should have been resolved by communicating this with us which you didn't. Please consider that as breach of contract.

Looking forward to not hearing from you and please don't chase your invoices as you are not getting a penny

Kind regards,

Comment

You're the one who changed the spec from "4 digits" (which we clearly defined) to "4 digit integer bigger than zero". That would be a "natural number" to use the correct technical term.

We don't work with Supervison (or Direction or Control) and while you try to work out the mess you got yourself into and the correct solution that we provided, I shall instruct my substitute to advise you on future matters. He's cheap, only £499.99 per half day.

Comment

You're the one who changed the spec from "4 digits" (which we clearly defined) to "4 digit integer bigger than zero". That would be a "natural number" to use the correct technical term.
                Sorry please refer to our HR department internal policies that state that any contributions to daily rate must equal to no less than the remainder of a sum required to reach 1000 per day. Had you do your homework and had you put ANY attention to details as part of this project none of this happen. By that we mean that it incurred us a loss of 173,467.32 which we will want to claim as part of compensation for your fault.
                See you in court,
                Your sincerely

Comment

Sorry please refer to our HR department internal policies that state that any contributions to daily rate must equal to no less than the remainder of a sum required to reach 1000 per day. Had you do your homework and had you put ANY attention to details as part of this project none of this happen. By that we mean that it incurred us a loss of 173,467.32 which we will want to claim as part of compensation for your fault.
                  See you in court,
                  Your sincerely
                  AYCOTBAC?
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

thats called BullTulip

That isn't agile that's mind reading.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      thats called BullTulip

That isn't agile that's mind reading.
                      the supplier didn't raise any doubts. Our process is fine.

Comment

Working...
                      X