• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Market Slow?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...but of course the xmas & end of year wind down will start then...

Comment

If you're in work and you ask an agent, they will tell you how buoyant the market is.
      The day you are looking for a new contract is the day that *suddenly* the market is really quiet, but the agent has a lot in the pipeline which should be coming through in 2-3months...
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I am panicking a bit, as finished before xmas and now still not got a contract interview but been supposedly put forward by pimps for at least 20 roles!!

I've never had this...in the past, get put forward for about 3 or 4 roles, get on average two interviews, nail one or both and away I go...

and my CV is better then before with more experience and more qualifications!!

the warchest is good for a year, but I am stressing out a bit...

Comment

Originally posted by wantacontract View Post
          I am panicking a bit, as finished before xmas and now still not got a contract interview but been supposedly put forward by pimps for at least 20 roles!!

I've never had this...in the past, get put forward for about 3 or 4 roles, get on average two interviews, nail one or both and away I go...

and my CV is better then before with more experience and more qualifications!!

the warchest is good for a year, but I am stressing out a bit...
          To paraphrase Prince Charles 'what is it you do'?

Comment

Originally posted by garethevans1986 View Post
            Anybody else finding the current market a bit slow?
            No. It's White Hot.*

(* Here in Mumbai.)
            nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
              To paraphrase Prince Charles 'what is it you do'?
              project management....infrastructure....

Comment

Working...
              X