• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

North Sea tax revenues plummet to negative for the first time in sector's history

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Every day that I wake up, I thank the lord that I'm NOT Welsh.
    And I curse that I have Cardiff in my passport. My mother accompanied my father on a two day business trip. Couldn't you have held me in for 2 ******* days mum? It has tarred me for life.

[WTFH is not my mum]

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Every day that I wake up, I thank the lord that I'm NOT Welsh.
      Damn and I thought for sure that gag about what WTFH really meant indicated something. Ah well - it was a good guess though, right? Oh and if that kind of 'tude becomes more outspoken and widespread I'm guessing even the Welsh will want to quit eventually.

Scottish disaffection with Union is nothing new, it's been growing for a couple of generations now. Having a referendum and saying "right, we've done that, now shut up" isn't going to save it, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
        [WTFH is not my mum]
        That's true, son.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The whole point of this thread has fallen drastically off topic.

The point being the lost revenue to the treasury. What happens when the price of assets & commodities begin to plummet. The lost revenue will be the least of our worries. Soon we'll have rampant deflation.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Easy solution to the budget crisis -

1) Legalise drugs and tax them
            2) Legalise prostitution and tax it
            3) Legalise proper hand gun ownership and tax it
            4) Cut personal income taxes so that people could spend more on 1,2,3.

Simples.

HTH

Comment

And I curse that I have Cardiff in my passport. My mother accompanied my father on a two day business trip. Couldn't you have held me in for 2 ******* days mum? It has tarred me for life.

[WTFH is not my mum]
              Completely understand, you poor, damaged thing

If WTFH was your mum, I believe, you would have a lot to worry about.

Quick test to make sure, ask yourself the following questions:-

1) Does she own a 4 by 4, that gets muddy sometimes?
              2) Have you ever seen a roll of carpet in the back?
              3) Does she own a stout pair of Black , leather, stranglers gloves.

If the answers are all "yes", then there is a strong chance that WTFH, may be your mum.

HTH.
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

And if Brexit happens?

That will raise a completely new can of spanners.

The SDP has already hinted that Brexit will mean them trying for another vote on independence (it seems to me they plan on having as many votes as it takes to get the "right" result?) and at that point the currency they plan to adopt becomes somewhat irrelevant, I'm guessing the only option they will have, IF they can stay in the EC will be the Euro?

Comment

Originally posted by seanraaron View Post
                  I'm guessing even the Welsh will want to quit eventually.

Do you promise?

Originally posted by seanraaron View Post
                  Scottish disaffection with Union is nothing new, it's been growing for a couple of generations now. Having a referendum and saying "right, we've done that, now shut up" isn't going to save it, sorry.
                  I think you have been spending too much time in Scotland, down here we have a vastly different view.
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

[WTFH is not my mum]
                    No CFL I am your father!

Love WTFH
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      No CFL I am your father!
                      So, you are married to WTFH
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X