• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scottish independance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    How does staying in the EU help with the bankruptcy you claim? You think the UK is going to ask for a bailout?!
    You never know!! But unlikely pride comes to push. There's little left of the family silver to sell.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      You never know!! But unlikely pride comes to push. There's little left of the family silver to sell.

Wasn't it Gordon Brown who started to get the UK into a mess and sell off the gold?

Famous Englishman.

Amazing how quiet some people get about the nationality of the person who got this country into such a mess.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Wasn't it Gordon Brown who started to get the UK into a mess and sell off the gold?

Famous Englishman.

Amazing how quiet some people get about the nationality of the person who got this country into such a mess.
        No, that was Thatcher selling off housing stock to private landowners which we so desperately need now.

The Tories have doubled the debt in half the time of Labour.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

No, that was Thatcher selling off housing stock to private landowners which we so desperately need now.

I didn't realise you were out of land in Scotland.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I didn't realise you were out of land in Scotland.
            ???

Comment

Famous Englishman.

Or, it doesn't matter one jot.

I think the EU referendum will be close but I can't quite see the nation having the balls to do it - I think it will be Scottish independence all over again.

That said, the migrant crisis plays well into scaremongers' arguments and I certainly DON'T think Cameron is going to accomplish any major reforms.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

which we so desperately need now.
                Only because Blair embarked on a frenzy of unfettered immigration and population rise
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

The UK will not leave the EU. Simples. The UK is bankrupt. I repeat bankrupt. Debt to GDP is sailing north of 90%. We're completely exposed to external forces. The economy is not based on real skills but rather house prices, retail therapy, and shelf stackers. We've less gold than DA fillings. Assets prices over inflated.

The reset button needs to be pressed. Right now we have the luxury of saying when it'll be pressed or we can QE ourselves out of existence. We've never needed the EU more.

Germany debt to GDP 75%. Gold reserves 3381 tonnes
                  UK debt to GDP 91%. Gold reserves 310 LOL

You are a bit selective with your data there. UK has London which is the finance capital of the world (along with NY), UK will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
                    You are a bit selective with your data there. UK has London which is the finance capital of the world (along with NY), UK will be fine.
                    Finance capital of the world with other people's money. Great.

Comment

Finance capital of the world with other people's money. Great.
                      The, corrupt, financial center that helps finance Scotland?

I'll say it again, the Scots would have no chance swimming on their own.
                      It just wouldn't work.
                      The people are being led to it by a group of people, with vested interests, who are likely to benefit, greatly, personally, if it did become independent.
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X