• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This rocked my world

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Can't say I remember what the coffee tasted like though.
    Sounds like you were a, yet another, victim of Rohypnol
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      FTFY
      You'd struggle to get 1/2lb of sugar in one of those capsules.

Plus, so what? It is possible to complement the coffee by adding stuff to it rather than overpower it.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        You'd struggle to get 1/2lb of sugar in one of those capsules.

Plus, so what? It is possible to complement the coffee by adding stuff to it rather than overpower it.
        1 pod is 9% of reference daily amount.

Dolce Gusto® pods
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
          Top gear did a good summary of SAAB.

Tog gear tribute.

Even once GM had taken over (miffed as they lost out to Ford for Jaguar) SAAB insisted that they 'review' every part of the new cars, each SAAB based on the GM platform lost money as they required lots of 'strengthening' to meet the SAAB standards.
          My honest appraisal of the SAAB 9-3 2.0T Convertible 2003.

A good looking car. Before the facelift, when SAABs started looking like they were the original SAABs but with anaphylaxis encroaching from a bee sting.

The leather interior is very comfortable and I can clean spills easily. (I tend to balance a costa coffee or wild bean café hot beverage on the passenger seat as the cup holder is broken).
          The clocks look very amateurish, and the night panel feature is a gimmick, but I like gimmicks and use it on long motorway journeys when it's dark.

The console is cheap and nasty, and I'm considering buying some wood/walnut trim and replacing it, as it's letting down what is otherwise a nice interior, with good quality carpets.

The roof goes down at the touch of a button, so I get that "Oh you utter " look from pedestrians and motorists alike when I decide to put the top down.

The car is fast. Very. For a low spec, low budget car it competes well with it's German counterparts in that it's lighter, faster and more fuel efficient. Even at motorway speeds the acceleration is strong, which with the standards of British drivers is a must for evasive manoeuvres these days.

The ride is very stiff, so you feel every pebble. I guess they went for handling rather than comfort. This lets it down, the BMW gives a comfortable ride with excellent handling. The handling on the SAAB isn't as good so the compromise on comfort isn't worth it really. The best handling I have experienced is in Audis.

So I find the car querky, and daft. The window buttons are behind the handbrake, so you need to reach for them while driving, and crane your hand like you've got carpal tunnel. I really can't explain it, but I fell instantly in love with the car, and I am very smitten with SAABs.

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

The roof goes down at the touch of a button, so I get that "Oh you utter " look from pedestrians and motorists alike when I decide to put the top down.
            Are you sure it's the car?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Are you sure it's the car?

I bow to the voice of experience.
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                The ride is very stiff, so you feel every pebble. I guess they went for handling rather than comfort. This lets it down, the BMW gives a comfortable ride with excellent handling. The handling on the SAAB isn't as good so the compromise on comfort isn't worth it really.
                Isn't that a fact now? The car is meant for fat bums which naturally absorb shock.

Does MF drive one of these too?

Comment

As a contractor you are boasting the fact you have "upgraded" to a 13 year old, base spec car?!
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

FTFY

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    As a, part time, contractor you are surprised about the fact you have a 13 year old, base spec car?!
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Bangeromics.

Good choice Suity. Interesting banger. What next? An old Alfa or maybe something?

Comment

Working...
                      X