• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Legal Tax Counsel Opinion

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Better?
    Yes, indeed, much better .

Funny thing is, I actually met a couple who actually ran one of these schemes at Christmas.
    They stopped telling me what a great idea it was, once they realised I could quote all the ones being legislated against now.
    They then admitted, "we are looking into moving into other things".

Make of that what you will
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Of course HMRC will come calling! And they'll call YOU - not the scammy company or the QC who looked at the doc before pocketing his cash...

Read this again. http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-...following.html
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        Of course HMRC will come calling! And they'll call YOU - not the scammy company or the QC who looked at something similar but which the scheme promoter has decided is exactly the same and appropriated the associated opinion for their own product...

Read this again. http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-...following.html
        FTFY.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          Yes, indeed, much better .

Funny thing is, I actually met a couple who actually ran one of these schemes at Christmas.
          They stopped telling me what a great idea it was, once they realised I could quote all the ones being legislated against now.
          They then admitted, "we are looking into moving into other things".

Make of that what you will
          Loan Sharks?

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
            Loan Sharks?
            Mercenaries
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

A little bit of me should congratulate you for having the nouse to stop and ask... but in General? With an accounting section next link down? With a whole section dedicated to the fall out from 90% schemes?... Sadly it's still a fail.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Ask to see the written opinion from the tax counsel and also ask to see the question that was asked to get that opinion. If you do get both I would be amazed but if you do post on here and we'll go from there
                Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

render unto Caesar what is Caesars.
                  When EO heard of this scheme, he was amazed and said to those following him, "Truly I tell you, I have not found anyone in Contractordom with such great faith."
                  For truly, Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor

please stand and sing hymn 327 'Ee I adeeoo, we gonna win the cup'
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealSlartibartfast View Post
                    Advice on employee loans and HMRC

Hi,

I am (soon to be) new to contracting and could really do with some advice regarding how to avoid IR35. I've contacted a number of companies who claim
                    to offer up to 90% of rate and be outside the IR35. These take the form of a monthly loan which is never paid back. So are these legit or will the HMRC
                    come calling and are they the same as EBTs that are mentioned on this site.

This is one I have recently contacted w ww.extralimited.com/ who say their scheme is a "Legal Tax Counsel Opinion" and is completely different to an
                    EBT, have to say it sounds similar to me.

I will work for a single employer at their offices and travel there each day. Obviously I have no holiday, sickness, pension nor health.

Thanks in advance.
                    Thanks for all the responses. Yes, too good to be true and free lunches did spring to mind.

I've spoken to a few of these companies on the phone, very convincing, thing is they have no liability and won't be around in 5 years when
                    the HMRC come calling.

They all claim that thousands of contractors are using their services though.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealSlartibartfast View Post
                      They all claim that thousands of contractors are using their services though.
                      Unfortunately, very likely to be true.
                      Lets hope they have also bought some lube in, for the inevitable.
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X