• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car Choice ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should be able to get a Boxter of an appropriate age/mileage for that. Up to 30mpg, reasonable insurance, fast enough for most, top down in summer, envious looks from small boys and bigger girls (at least outside London). Reasonable amount of luggage space fore & aft. As long as you want no more than one passenger they are gems.

Comment

Originally posted by Smartie View Post
      Should be able to get a Boxter of an appropriate age/mileage for that. Up to 30mpg, reasonable insurance, fast enough for most, top down in summer, envious looks from small boys and bigger girls (at least outside London). Reasonable amount of luggage space fore & aft. As long as you want no more than one passenger they are gems.
      If you can deal with the fact that you will always pander after a 911, it is a great choice.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
        If you can deal with the fact that you will always pander after a 911, it is a great choice.
        In the past maybe. The latest one looks better and drives better.

Comment

That's what I used to think then I did my research.

Comment

Do you need to transport much?
            Do you have pets/children?
            Do you travel on country lanes or just motorways?
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              In the past maybe. The latest one looks better and drives better.
              Caymans look very nice now GT4 -

Comment

Sorry, I am an old timer. I just miss the sensation of my face exiting my ass when I hit the loud peddle.

I know the above statement opens me up to a barage of abuse, but my 911T, GT3 phase of my life was

Absolutley ******* excellent.

It was what contracting was all about. Well that and the ladies of negotiable virtue.

*I now have a 4WD 90D Tesla, but those Porsches were something else.

Comment

Better with a Cayman than a Boxster.

Got rid of my Cayman S before Christmas. Best car I've ever driven but too impractical (mpg and only 2 seats). Didn't realise how many times one of the parasites accompanied the enemy and I.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

You really shouldn't be looking at sticker price, rather depreciation.

Tesla Model S Depreciation Better Than Any Other Car In UK

Says Mr Smug.
                    Unless this happens.

Tesla Model S catches fire at supercharger station in Norway | ExtremeTech

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I remebemer that night too well. My scandinavian wife had to **** me so hard and methocially(*for warmth), it influenced the purchasing decision of my next car.

Comment

Working...
                      X