• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rid Public Life of Christianity

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Some guys took a Bible and added a dust jacket from a Koran. They then went into a public place and read some verses from the Bible to people - specifically the verse from Paul about "I do not permit women to teach", and this one deuteronomy "If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity."

People said various negative things about Islam on the basis of this, until it was revealed they're from the Bible.

Various conclusions could be drawn, e.g.
    1. People are prejudiced against the Islam
    2. The Bible and the Koran are as bad as each other (based on a handful of verses out of 30'000+)
    3. Perhaps, since the Christian foundation of Europe has produced so many good things despite such verses, Islam isn't so bad and it really is a matter of interpretation
    Well, let's push Paul to one side and concentrate on the other stuff which is Old Testament. Jews and Moslems do the OT as well so you can hardly attribute these surts of werses to Christianity alone.

By the way, have you ever been to Greenbelt? Mate of mine auditioned for Stryper, oddly enough.

Comment

If your mate failed the audition for Stryper then he must be a truly dreadful musician.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        I'd love to hear what you think the reformation entailed.
        Probably confusing the Reformation with the Enlightenment.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Scroatman View Post
          By the way, have you ever been to Greenbelt?

Wow. I have been to Greenbelt - but not for a rather long time now. 20 years in fact.
          I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Islam isn't so bad and it really is a matter of interpretation

And which civilised society is based on Islam?
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Scroatman View Post
              Jews and Moslems do the OT as well
              That's not exactly true. There's overlap.

NAT?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
                No, It's bait and switch all the way with JWs. The tactic seems to be these days to put ultra cute chicks on the high street. They also appear to import the cute chicks from the US.

You are getting confused with Mormons ref the importing from USA bit, and having seen the ones I walk past at lunch I don't think attractiveness is a prerequisite, unless you like your ladies in knitwear and a purple rinse?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  That's not exactly true. There's overlap.

NAT?
                  Jews don't really do the OT any more. They've got no temple. And even if they got it back, I doubt they do the full legal stuff in a fundamental way - they've got two thousand years of Rabbinical tradition to incorporate.

The Koran does contain some stuff from the OT, but it's not really in accord with the details. Not surprising since it's about 10 times smaller than the Bible. In any case Muslim dogma is that the Bible has been corrupted - especially where it contradicts the Koran. As far as I am aware, the Sharia Law is entirely a thing of Islam, and doesn't correspond the Jewish Law.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
                    No, It's bait and switch all the way with JWs. The tactic seems to be these days to put ultra cute chicks on the high street. They also appear to import the cute chicks from the US.
                    Yeah met one or two , I would be quite happy to donate some bodily fluids pity their religion prohibits it.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      I would like to rid public life of anything that cannot be proven. Even if it means 90% of "scientists" would be out of a job.
                      Scientist do not prove anything.

They simply put forward a hypothesis and then test by observation.

As we are seeing with recent advances all is not what it seems.

Comment

Working...
                      X