• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car Advice....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Always assume that everything I post is accompanied by a severe eye roll.
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
      Advice most gratefully taken...
      Get a cat instead. And use spare money to buy wallnuts to your local needy squirrels...

Comment

Passat Estate. Loads of room for people in the front and dogs in the boot (dog guard essential). Can probably get one for a decent price now they're known to kill planets.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
          Passat Estate.
          A car made famous on CUK by Milan Benes driving it...

Comment

Get man instead of a dog. Same disgusting habits, but they take up less space in a car.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
              The A4 avant isn't big enough for the type of dog I'm getting,

Not sure if you've seen the boot in them - it is bigger than most people think. I've an Allroad and our dog (Spaniel) loves it. But we frequently have 1-2 collies and 2 terriers in there as well as Millie.

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
              Octavia's and Superb's also have big boots.
              Originally posted by Chuck View Post
              Passat Estate.

All three of which are built on the same platform - VW MQB. Good cars.
              I'm not a massive fan of Volvos, but that's possibly because I'm under 75.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I use an old volvo 960 as my dog car. It cost me £600 (well €1k) and I haven't managed to break the thing in 10 years. It was also useful for the times I spent on the bench and had to hawk all my stuff at car boot sales. Sure it drinks fuel but it contains the wet dog smell to a vehicle that I do not drive on other occasions.

As others have said a v70 is a great option, but hey, if you are going to deal with the Volvo stigma do it properly, buy and old one and save thousands in the process.

I really do reccomend a seperate dog car.

Comment

Comment

Civic Tourer
                    Bags of room, very reliable, very economical (if you get the diesel)

Comment

911 Turbo S.

You won't care if the dog does not fit

Comment

Working...
                      X