• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are you supporting Air strikes against "IS" in Syria ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    All this talk of precision weapons is nothing but hogwash. Its just another attempt to persuade the general population that bombing another country in the name of terrorism is okay.
    Quite right. Should simply use a few nukes and the problem would disappear. Just make sure the wind is blowing in the right direction.
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    A poll would be nice.
    Added

Boots on ground are need. Air strikes not. Whose boots is a matter of diplomacy and discussion.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Against.

We are only joining France et al for diplomatic reasons.

I'm listening to Syrian nationals and dual nationals on the radio. They say it's a waste of time especially as Assad is killing Syrians as well.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

No. Bombing for peace is like....(you know what I am going to say)

Comment

Do you not think it's got more to do with Russia getting involved, and the west feeling they need to respond properly to that?

Nothing like wrecking another country to perpetuate a slow burn between the super powers...

Also the debate is a farse, a load of kids shouting and talking over each other, no ruddy point at all - the whole thing is a sham, and anyone who has their mind changed on the subject due to the debate will be in the extreme minority - so what is the point in the stage show?

Comment

Fix UK security FIRST!

I'd rather we spend the time and money closing our borders and checking the identity of everyone in the UK who wasn't born here, remove the hidden terrorists, stop any arriving.

Strip Islamic State Jihadists of British citizenship - UKIP

Comment

If it does go ahead I give it 3 weeks before the headlines are full of "Hospital/School/Wedding/Civilians Targetted" stories.

It didnt work in Iraq, or Afgansitan, and it's not going to work in Syria.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                I'd rather we spend the time and money closing our borders and checking the identity of everyone in the UK who wasn't born here, remove the hidden terrorists, stop any arriving.
                Is your plan to send out a questionnaire with "Are you a terrorist: Yes/No"?
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  If it does go ahead I give it 3 weeks before the headlines are full of "Hospital/School/Wedding/Civilians Targetted" stories.
                  No chance. Have you not heard of our "magic rockets" that only target the right people?

KUATB

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Strip Islamic State Jihadists of British citizenship - UKIP
                    All the Paris attackers were French or Begian nationals, born there and with Passports.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

If I were an ISIS jihadi in Syria, I would not want to be bombed.
                      so that makes it a good idea
                      (\__/)
                      (>'.'<)
                      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                      X