• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The official "Autumn Statement 2015" AKA "End of Contracting" thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LucidDementia View Post
    If I buy whisky I don't like I give it away
    So you buy it without knowing if you like it? What an idiot.

You see what's happened here is this: you have made an enemy of me.
    Gosh, I'm sorry to have hurt you so badly. When you said it was nothing to you I believed you. Clearly that's not the case and you're taking it all rather seriously. Poor guy.
    Many on this forum have blocked your tripe (I know this because they've been sending me fan mail, which is cute)
    That never happened, because for a start they all know you're just another sockie incarnation. And secondly nobody gives enough of a damn.
    me, I'll just keep cutting you down. I enjoy that kind of thing.
    I'm sure you do. Because as already discussed, you're an incredibly small person without a sense of self-worth. It's not something to boast about - like Jay in Inbetweeners everyone sees though you.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I'll let you witter to yourself without having to bother seeing it. That way you can get your small crumbs of pleasure, and I won't be distracted:

Ignore List
      To remove a user from your ignore list, un-check the box associated with their name and click the 'Save Changes' button.

To add a user to the list, enter their name into the empty text box and click 'Okay'.

Ignore List
      freelancer75 Hairy Hawk Ketchup LucidDementia MyUserName Old Hack proggy RedSauce Robinho
      Check / Uncheck All

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

I'm healthy, don't drive much, live in a low-crime area and have no kids needing educating. So I'm getting a really crap deal on MY taxes!
        When that elderly driver runs you over having a heart attack you will understand why we pay taxes as this is one of the circumstances when an insurance company won't play out.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

How do you define value for money?

Of course the whole thing with tax is that you get the same back for your tax regardless how much you earn/pay. So in a way the more you earn, the more you pay, the less value for money it is.
          Try dropping your rates and then you'll be getting relatively more for your money.

I'm healthy, don't drive much, live in a low-crime area and have no kids needing educating. So I'm getting a really crap deal on MY taxes!
          Complaining about the current taxes you pay as a contractor, really? Even after we all got off pretty scott free today compared to the doomsday scenario we were expecting. I don't know, to some people the glass is always half empty!

Comment

From your behaviour, it's clear you'd buy whisky you didn't even like, purely so you could boast about how much you'd spent on it to anyone who was unwise enough to talk to you.

There's actually no such thing as a crap single malt whisky, only personal taste. I mean, I'm only quoting the people who work in the distilleries here. You'd probably know better...
            I used to have a big thing about whiskies - I'd buy the most expensive "exclusive" malts. Then i went on a whisky tasting course, and learned that my favourite was your bog standard Glenfiddich, and that some of the most common blends were still pretty decent.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Well, I want him to raise taxes in order to provide for a more equitable society, in which the NHS is adequately funded,
              Originally posted by Pogle View Post
              You and me both Sweetie
              HTF are you going to adequately fund something that has to deal with 300k extra patients per annum -first world healthcare available immediately at entry without any supporting contributions
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
                Complaining about the current taxes you pay as a contractor, really? Even after we all got off pretty scott free today compared to the doomsday scenario we were expecting. I don't know, to some people the glass is always half empty!
                His usual tune is that contractors don't pay "enough", he thinks we should pay more, but for some reason he is waiting the government to force it out of him, even though he can cough it up right now.

For once he said something agreeable, lets not tulip all over it.

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Tax avoider
                Don't forget, every minute you're not working, you're avoiding.

I wonder when Osborne is going to end that heinous form of avoidance.

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
                  You REALLY couldn't tell I was being sarcastic?

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
                  His usual tune is that contractors don't pay "enough", he thinks we should pay more, but for some reason he is waiting the government to force it out of him, even though he can cough it up right now.
                  I never said we should pay more. I said that it's hardly unjust if the chancellor chooses to tax our annual income at the same level as a permie's annual income. I would prefer him not to but if he does I cannot find any moral ground on which to bitch about it... on the other hand if we are made to pay considerably more tax proportionally then that is not on.

Clear enough? I expect you'll simply misquote me as normal though.

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  I used to have a big thing about whiskies - I'd buy the most expensive "exclusive" malts. Then i went on a whisky tasting course, and learned that my favourite was your bog standard Glenfiddich, and that some of the most common blends were still pretty decent.
                  I think it's pretty common for people to prefer the 'standard' 10-12yo to 15/18/21yo. More flavour or isn't always preferable and of course many people just don't like cask strength, which you tend to see more often on the older ones. Even a "bog standard 10yo" is the product of a whole decade of conditioning which is really quite a long time

And sometimes you just want to drink it, not sip it

Comment

Let the Chancellor "justify" his spending decisions and then worry about finding "moral ground" to oppose any changes he wishes to make irrespective of the logic of it.

Comment

Some coverage here for small businesses:

Autumn Statement 2015: What it means for small businesses - Telegraph

Comment

Working...
                      X