• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

bring a tear to your eye

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    You do realise he's trolling, right, and are just playing along? ...
    Whether he is or not, there are loads of young people, and not so young, who think exactly like that.

Anyone who can't afford to buy a home is quite likely to start thinking like that, and there are more and more of them every year ..

I reckon the main thing likely to scupper Corbyn is his soft stance on immigration.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

And I'm kind of with DP - if this kind of thing upsets you, do something to help. If you don't like big charities, donate to your local foodbank or church-run soup-kitchen or whatever grass-roots stuff you can find.
      For the record we do help. We provide work opportunities to those back home with complex lives (i.e. such as those caring for another member of the family) - sometimes all that's needed is to be made to feel of use. Then positiveness follows.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

FTFY

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        I reckon the main thing likely to scupper Corbyn is his lack of any cohesive policies.
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

You're talking /snip

Yes, education is a big part of the solution. These people (and they do exist though they're not as common as Daily Mail readers believe) don't know better, they should be helped not victimised.

/snip.
          But since Maggie got in in 79 and the unions were squashed and the true value of the work the 'common man' does was revealed to not be worth that much we have been trying to send help.

But did it work, no.

Now 35 years on we now have generations of doleites who do not work, do not want to work and do not believe they have to work.

Sending more help is not working - work or starve - then lets see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

Then the sink estates will start to resemble the Middle East and you'll have a whole lot of problems...
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              I reckon the main thing likely to scupper Corbyn is his soft stance on everything.
              FTFY

the man needs to grow a pair
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                Then the sink estates will start to resemble the Middle East and you'll have a whole lot of problems...
                Interesting - maybe we should try and see how it works out.....

Comment

Does this mean the obesity epidemic is over?

UK Obesity Epidemic Is Out Of Control - Medical News Today

Or is this inequality ?

Of course obese people are also suffering from malnutrition as the NHS describes malnutrition as being caused by undernutrition or overnutrition.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    But since Maggie got in in 79 and the unions were squashed and the true value of the work the 'common man' does was revealed to not be worth that much we have been trying to send help.

But did it work, no.

Now 35 years on we now have generations of doleites who do not work, do not want to work and do not believe they have to work.

I have to agree with this. I know a few people like this and they just do not want to work.

I know that care for the elderly and other at risks groups have been cut, I imagine that many people that are undernourished fall into these categories.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                      I have to agree with this. I know a few people like this and they just do not want to work.

I know that care for the elderly and other at risks groups have been cut, I imagine that many people that are undernourished fall into these categories.
                      that seems to be the problem and the fact that there is more of them.

i.e. lack of mobility means they end up eating pot noodles.

For the "fit and healthy" the problem is malnutrition through obesity.
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X