• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crackdown on personal service companies could raise £400m in tax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.ipse.co.uk/news/ipse-rea...vice-companies

Comment

Nice to finally see a response from the IPSE. Hopefully they'll publish a follow-up on the response to the urgent clarification.

Comment

Originally posted by ShandyDrinker View Post
        Nice to finally see a response from the IPSE. Hopefully they'll publish a follow-up on the response to the urgent clarification.
        I'd be surprised to see a 'urgent' clarification - urgency is an unknown concept at HMRC - best you can hope for is 'sometime after a week next Tuesday' The AS is only 2 weeks away so I think IPSE will just be told to be patient
        Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

See you next Tuesday just about sums it up

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
            I'd be surprised to see a 'urgent' clarification - urgency is an unknown concept at HMRC - best you can hope for is 'sometime after a week next Tuesday' The AS is only 2 weeks away so I think IPSE will just be told to be patient
            Of course... silly me... I couldn't expect anything that could be helpful to the people it is likely to impact!

Given the budgets we've already had this year I wait to see, with horrified fascination, what Gideon and friends will unleash on us next.

Comment

Originally posted by ShandyDrinker View Post
              Of course... silly me... I couldn't expect anything that could be helpful to the people it is likely to impact!

Given the budgets we've already had this year I wait to see, with horrified fascination, what Gideon and friends will unleash on us next.
              Prior to this Gov. I always quite looked forward to budget day. "Ohh Booze a bit cheaper" etc

Now I feel my entire future I have been cultivating for the past 10 years hangs in the balance everytime that bloody box comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                The vast majority of banks cannot reclaim VAT, and as they are key users of contractors, that's a whole world of VAT going missing. And as VAT is chargeable on turnover regardless of profit.......
                Surley we'd be employeed by the agencies though in most case's? Therefore they would still charge the end client VAT. We'd then just be paid as an employee of the agency. So VAT would still be collected and paid to HMRC.

Comment

Originally posted by Tasslehoff View Post
                  Now I feel my entire future I have been cultivating for the past 10 years hangs in the balance everytime that bloody box comes out.
                  That makes two of us - I'm terrified, no bones about it, if this idiotic scheme is what they want, they'll get it and it'll be hugely popular

Comment

I think the government and HMRC would be letting themselves down if they didn't work out some way of making this change retrospective.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      Erm... I do it for the money
                      So do I. The more politics and aggro the better as it results in more money.

Comment

Working...
                      X