• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Antarctic Ice Sheet growing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    It worked in Northern Ireland.

Terrorists rely on division and convincing people that everything is binary, that there can be no common ground.
    Reasonable people are able to find common ground.

Unreasonable ones can only see black or white. 1 or 0.
    How do you negotiate with people who don't give a toss about living or whether the hostages live or not?
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

It worked in Northern Ireland.

and on what planet does that equate to what ISIS fears most ? are you insane ?
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        How do you negotiate with people who don't give a toss about living or whether the hostages live or not?

You negotiate with the moderates to begin with.

If you can encourage moderates not to become extreme, then the extremists cannot find new recruits.

You'll notice that many of the people doing the killing are not old. They are in their 20s. The older ones are "smart" enough to send the new recruits to die, while surviving nicely creating propaganda.
        If there are no new recruits, the old guys who are running the organisation will have to fight if they want to keep up the terrorism.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          and on what planet does that equate to what ISIS fears most ? are you insane ?

No, I'm not insane, as is quite obvious to any sane person. Perhaps that's why you can't see that.

The IRA/INLA/UDA/UVF etc feared peace talks because it put them out of business. Their belief that the "other side" were evil and should be destroyed was shown to be false. First to the moderates, and eventually towards the extremists. There are still extremists on the island of Ireland who want to bring back the Troubles. There are still extremists in the UK & US who want to bring back the Troubles. But they struggle to recruit new members, as the young people were the ones who started the peace process, and they are the ones who don't want to go back.

I know. I was there.

Comment

No, I'm not insane, as is quite obvious to any sane person. Perhaps that's why you can't see that.

The IRA/INLA/UDA/UVF etc feared peace talks because it put them out of business. Their belief that the "other side" were evil and should be destroyed was shown to be false. First to the moderates, and eventually towards the extremists. There are still extremists on the island of Ireland who want to bring back the Troubles. There are still extremists in the UK & US who want to bring back the Troubles. But they struggle to recruit new members, as the young people were the ones who started the peace process, and they are the ones who don't want to go back.

I know. I was there.
            cr@p
            they were worn down by the war and riddled by our agents.

anyone who believes that ISIS greatest fear is peace talks is an idiot
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              cr@p
              they were worn down by the war and riddled by our agents.

If that's the lie you choose to believe based on what you have been fed by your chosen sources, then there's no point in presenting factual evidence to contradict it.

...which brings us back on topic again. No amount of evidence will change your mind.

Comment

If that's the lie you choose to believe based on what you have been fed by your chosen sources, then there's no point in presenting factual evidence to contradict it.

...which brings us back on topic again. No amount of evidence will change your mind.
                The IRA did not use suicide bombings they had a political cause. ISIS are killing for the sake of killing and the feeling of power it gives them.
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

so you believe that peace talks are what ISIS fears most ? less Walt and more yes/no please
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    ISIS are killing for the sake of killing and the feeling of power it gives them.
                    Good grief. Please tell me you don't actually believe this.
                    I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by LucidDementia View Post
                      Good grief. Please tell me you don't actually believe this.
                      Attention seeking immature males who are empowered by killing. What else is there to believe?
                      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                      X