• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Egypt plane crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Why not a baggage handler at the airport loading a package with a barometric pressure trigger

Failing that - Colonel Mustard, in the desert, with a BUK
    Pointless discussing further since I have already provided the answer in post #5 a la Lockerbie

I am prepared to be corrected on it being a timer rather than barometric trigger being used - but these are susceptible to flight delays
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
      There doesn't seem to be a survey from the Apartheid years, point is, the shockingly high levels of sexual violence seem to be a characteristic of the country post and pre-apartheid, so I am not sure what their relevance is to an anti-Mandela/ANC rant.
      A bit more than climate change has to do with burning fossil fuels
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
        There doesn't seem to be a survey from the Apartheid years, point is, the shockingly high levels of sexual violence seem to be a characteristic of the country post and pre-apartheid, so I am not sure what their relevance is to an anti-Mandela/ANC rant.
        I would suggest that law and order is a key job of the government if they can't handle that they aren't really performing.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          A bit more than climate change has to do with burning fossil fuels
          No. No. We've gone enough off topic already....
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

They kept that a bit quiet

Rocket 'attack' on UK tour jet: Pilot with 189 passengers dodged missile above Sharm El Sheikh

Comment

Blimey.

How many stranded tourists are there? They send warships and god knows what to transport foreign refugees - why not brits? Where's my 7% extra divi tax going?!!!

Comment

1000 ft away rocket would have had nice lock onto engines and passenger aircraft would have no chance to do anything other than take it into the engine - for a skilled pilot it would not be certain death actually.

Comment

I am sure there were another few attempts at this 4 or 5 years ago from northern African airports.

EDIT: Kenya in 2002.
                  Last edited by minestrone; 7 November 2015, 08:46.

Comment

1000ft, otherwise known as a little bit less than 0.2 miles.

Even at 150 miles per hour (lets assume it was low altitude on final approach), that means covering 2.5 miles a minute, therefore 24 seconds to cover one mile, therefore about 5 seconds to cover 1000ft.

The pilot wouldn't even have time to ask "What's that?", never mind take evasive action that the passengers and cabin crew didn't notice.

As for departing with the lights off, isn't that a bit like Wile E Coyote closing the curtains of his shed which happens to be parked on a train line with a train heading straight for it?
                    Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      1000 ft away rocket would have had nice lock onto engines and passenger aircraft would have no chance to do anything other than take it into the engine - for a skilled pilot it would not be certain death actually.
                      Must have been a firework then

Comment

Working...
                      X