• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pimps getting creative

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    BTW, Suity is correct about the printf in the try function: GCC gives a warning that there are more placeholders than variables. Obviously, i should also be mentioned in that call
    Won't print 0 though, probably not anyway. It'll print whatever is lurking around the stack as an integer.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

BTW, Suity is correct about the printf in the try function: GCC gives a warning that there are more placeholders than variables. Obviously, i should also be mentioned in that call
      In the very dim and distant past when I actually coded stuff, I seem to remember that printf will grab the last matching variable off the stack if not told otherwise. So printf(%d) would grab the last integer value from the stack, since that seems to be i as passed to try() then it uses that. Slopping coding but it works.

Of course I could be entirely wonrg / out of date.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I'm also getting a warning at

Code:
        index = strtol(argv[1], NULL, 10);
        "Implicit conversion loses integer precision: 'long' to 'int'"

Maybe they're assuming a 32-bit system?

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post

Did you say that you are still on bench ?!!!
          I haven't sought to leave it yet

Comment

I'm also getting a warning at

Code:
            index = strtol(argv[1], NULL, 10);
            "Implicit conversion loses integer precision: 'long' to 'int'"

Maybe they're assuming a 32-bit system?
            gcc -m32 is targetting it for a 32 bit system isnt it?
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

It outputs the Steam Key for Samantha Fox Strip Poker, can I have my GCHQ code breaker job now please ?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                gcc -m32 is targetting it for a 32 bit system isnt it?
                Dunno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I went from various assembly languages and Forth directly to JavaScript; I never did anything with C, so I only really know as much of it as I need to work in Objective C. Things like gcc command-line options are not within my ambit

As I'm looking at it in Xcode, the warnings will be from clang, so maybe gcc wouldn't mind that bit.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  Eh? tbl is an array of function pointers that take one argument. So that's fine. I guess try is okay in C because it's a keyword in C++.

Is there more to it than 5?
                  I may have mentioned that tbl is an array of function pointers in the post before yours. Why not pop over and take a look?

My C coding days are long behind me, so don't judge too harshly.
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    My C coding days are long behind me, so don't judge too harshly.
                    Progressed onto D now?
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                      Progressed onto D now?
                      Seesh harp.
                      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                      X