• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dress Code at Work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    You've got a Debenhams in Bolton, get some of that money spent.
    Debenhams do "Click and Collect" with a changing room to try on your collections, so there is definitely no excuse.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      You've got a Debenhams in Bolton, get some of that money spent.
      But I live in Leeds now and we've got Harvey Nichols.

confused.com......

Comment

I wear my co's uniform which happens to match whatever the client co likes people to wear.
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
          I wear my co's uniform which happens to match whatever the client co likes people to wear.
          This one?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            This one?

Just cos you flip burgers for a living doesnt mean others do, old chap.
            I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
              Just cos you flip burgers for a living doesnt mean others do, old chap.
              Rubbish response! C'mon man!!!

Comment

I wear a suit (three piece Hugo Boss) at least three times a week and definitely a pin striped one once during non-summer months. I usually take the summer off

On this new contract today in Milan, I turned up in my best HB three piece, D&G watch and hand made Charles Thyrwitt brogues. I definitely turned heads g

All you cheap bastards, NCOTBAC

Comment

Depends on the ClientCo. I haven't had a client (or employer) that expected a suit and tie since way before 2005, though I had one in 2009 that thought it was being generous allowing us to not wear ties. I wore suit-style trousers and shirt there, though I haven't actually possessed a suit that fits me in many years, so that was all they got - no jacket or shiny shoes

Thinking about it, I've almost never worked anywhere with a dress code stricter than "clothed".

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                    I wear a suit (three piece Hugo Boss) at least three times a week and definitely a pin striped one once during non-summer months. I usually take the summer off

On this new contract today in Milan, I turned up in my best HB three piece, D&G watch and hand made Charles Thyrwitt brogues. I definitely turned heads g

All you cheap bastards, NCOTBAC
                    First day on the gig

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                      I wear what I like, I'm not an employee!

Comment

Working...
                      X