• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Great British Bake Off

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I'm rather uncomfortable with the minority stacking in the show. The ethnic make up of the show doesn't match that of Britain as a whole, so it seems very likely to me that some bakers better than her were passed over simply because they were white. Or not being an Eastern European female body builder.
    Someone ban this racist please

PS - You are still my fav male mod

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      It's crap like this that strengthens my opinion that the BBC needs to be split.

It's a turgid formulaic program about baking cakes and if it was on channel 4 or dave nobody would give 2 flying fooks about watching it.

The BBC uses the news channel, web site and radio to plug it constantly.
      You sound sore about the fact that your fellow Scot Flora was kicked off the show.

That said, she is a bit fit aint she?

Comment

Over 'ere son - on me 'ed on me 'ed!

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          It's crap like this that strengthens my opinion that the BBC needs to be split.

It's a turgid formulaic program about baking cakes and if it was on channel 4 or dave nobody would give 2 flying fooks about watching it.

The BBC uses the news channel, web site and radio to plug it constantly.
          Hislop pointed out last night that there were two plugs for BBC shows on HIGNFY.

I'm quite happy to watch the Great British Bake Off, as I enjoy baking and it gives me some ideas of what to bake. And what not to. It's just light entertainment.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
            Oh? I didn't think the win was controversial at all, she seemed like a worthy winner.

I was just wondering why she was being feted as a "British Muslim role model", and why when other minorities (eg Australians) win competitions they aren't also feted as being role models for their communities, and whether this distinction is media-driven and/or highlighting an "us vs them" mentality.
            Because the media hasn't been trying to demonise Australians lately
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
            X