• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

England out of the world cup

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Well Wales v SA.

Another below par performance by an Englishman will rule out a Final appearance here also I think.

I think everyone in Wales knew as soon as we found out who the ref was that we weren't going to win.
    Speak for yourself.

I think your comments do a massive disservice to the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      Speak for yourself.

I think your comments do a massive disservice to the team.
      Don;t get me wrong we showed more passion in that game than the English show in a lifetime. It seems there always something goes wrong for us in the world cup where referees are concerned.

You're not going to tell me you think Wayne Barnes is a good ref are you?

Even at clientco here in Engerlund they think hes a tw*t
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Don;t get me wrong we showed more passion in that game than the English show in a lifetime. It seems there always something goes wrong for us in the world cup where referees are concerned.

You're not going to tell me you think Wayne Barnes is a good ref are you?

Even at clientco here in Engerlund they think hes a tw*t
        Again in the eyes of your average chippy welshman all that is important is to beat the English and then apportion blame for failure on the English. It is pathetic
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Don;t get me wrong we showed more passion in that game than the English show in a lifetime.
          At least we've won the cup...

http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

[QUOTE=PurpleGorilla;2157153]At least we've won the cup...

Something that no other Home nation will achieve in the foreseeable future AND we beat the Argies when it mattered
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Don't forget England are also proud of another world cup record - one a lot more recent, and one that the rest of the British and Irish Lions teams will not be able to emulate for the foreseeable future.

2003 - won it. None of the other British & Irish Lions countries can claim that
              2015 - first home team to be knocked out in the group stages. None of the other British & Irish Lions countries can claim that either.

You must be so proud!
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Actually glad to see the lesser nations making progress in Rugby - will make for a more balanced 6 nations rather than the annual Scotland/Italy vying for the wooden spoon
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Don't forget England are also proud of another world cup record - one a lot more recent, and one that the rest of the British and Irish Lions teams will not be able to emulate for the foreseeable future.

2015 - first home team to be knocked out in the group stages. None of the other British & Irish Lions countries can claim that either.

You must be so proud!
                  England have "bookended" the home nations

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    Again in the eyes of your average chippy welshman all that is important is to beat the English and then apportion blame for failure on the English. It is pathetic
                    As long as we beat the English we don't care. la la la.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

You must be so proud!
                      Didn't you lot win the poofball one in 1966 too. Sure I've heard that mentioned once or a million times!

Comment

Working...
                      X