• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can we finally expect 'real MPG' figures after the scandal?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I think you will find there needs to be a victim or someone who has lost something as a result of it. I hardly think standing up in court and whining that the BHP in your car has caused you any harm is going to land anyone in trouble.

Quick math : based on 10000miles a year for 2 years @ 110p/l for diesel:
    58mpg @ 20000 miles = £1724
    90mpg @ 20000 miles = 1099
    so Seat / VW ripped me off on £625.

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
      So get to it and sue them for your financial loss, make sure you do it publicly, get the press involved and have a really nice shout about it in your impeccable Engrish.

Comment

And can you prove what your driving habits were? You may just have a heavy right foot or be a bit of a boy racer.

I can guarantee they can take a model of that car and get the 90 mpg they claim - the problem is yours for not driving as economically as they did during the official tests.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
          So get to it and sue them for your financial loss, make sure you do it publicly, get the press involved and have a really nice shout about it in your impeccable Engrish.
          Dont forget to check my IP this time as i'm working from home now. Who knows what you might discover, maybe i'm an imposter or an alien ?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            And can you prove what your driving habits were? You may just have a heavy right foot or be a bit of a boy racer.

I can guarantee they can take a model of that car and get the 90 mpg they claim - the problem is yours for not driving as economically as they did during the official tests.
            All i'm saying really is if they are rigging tests in a way that : if (isTest) then (reduceEmissions())
            that might also be if (isTest) then (reduceConsumption()). So screw their tests really...
            And i'm driving VERY economically.

Either way , hopefully they will target this problem finally, just saying.
            Last edited by diseasex; 28 September 2015, 16:34.

Comment

Dont forget to check my IP this time as i'm working from home now. Who knows what you might discover, maybe i'm an imposter or an alien ?
              You think that dribble NAT posted makes me believe that you're not some sockpuppet? Don't be absurd, both he and Cojak have posted similar in the past and then it's turned out to be a different story. I admit that I get reminded of

Comment

You think that dribble NAT posted makes me believe that you're not some sockpuppet? Don't be absurd, both he and Cojak have posted similar in the past and then it's turned out to be a different story. I admit that I get reminded of

Comment

You think that dribble NAT posted makes me believe that you're not some sockpuppet? Don't be absurd, both he and Cojak have posted similar in the past and then it's turned out to be a different story.
                  It's a shame really. Apart from your pathological obsession with sock puppets and hatred of SY01, you generally make good posts. Be a good chap and give it a rest about the sockies.

Diseasex - don't provoke him.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    It's a shame really. Apart from your pathological obsession with sock puppets and hatred of SY01, you generally make good posts. Be a good chap and give it a rest about the sockies.

Ok, I won't.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Well if not provoking him means not posting at all then that's a 'no'

Comment

Working...
                      X