• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should mens' genitals be sliced up?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    think femanazi. Your post is starting to sound like that. Its not "because I is a bloke".

As I say if Adults choose to do it of their own free will then fine, that is entirely their problem so long as they fund all costs themselves or there is a real medical need.

However both of these activities tend to be done to children or due to significant pressure from backward cultures, that I strongly disagree with.
    Well in her case it certainly is driven by a rather strong dislike of men. I don't know if she is an elaborate troll, ignorant or just malicious, but if she is referring to "equal treatment" in the context of Western cultures, I cannot think of any where FGM is either condoned or openly practised; on the other hand, whilst less physically damaging, circumcision is practised quite broadly in at least one Western society, even to the point that it is encouraged for its dubious health benefits. If she's not making this comparison, then what's the relevance of it all? Who is she addressing? A disproportionate amount of men die or are debilitated in wars (often with no choice in the matter) relative to women and engage in risky professions. Is she going to point to that imbalance as well? Does she envision some cosmic scale of "injustices" that entails men must suffer X amount to tip it back in "balance"? Or is she blaming men as a whole for practices that take place in cultures over which they have no influence?

Sounds loony if that's what this is.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
      Then substitute it for "decent way to treat someone".
      It's still subjective though, and largely a product of the culture in which you chanced to be born.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        It's still subjective though, and largely a product of the culture in which you chanced to be born.
        There may not be a divine slab on which the rules for human interaction are written, but at the very least treating others in the way you would want to be treated, in the interest of reciprocity, makes sense. Otherwise, on what basis would one lecture countries where FGM is taking place not to do it?
        Last edited by Zero Liability; 11 September 2015, 20:56.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          I find the ten commandments + do onto others pretty much covers it.

not a christian but most of our laws & society are based on that.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
            Well in her case it certainly is driven by a rather strong dislike of men. I don't know if she is an elaborate troll, ignorant or just malicious, but if she is referring to "equal treatment" in the context of Western cultures, I cannot think of any where FGM is either condoned or openly practised; on the other hand, whilst less physically damaging, circumcision is practised quite broadly in at least one Western society, even to the point that it is encouraged for its dubious health benefits. If she's not making this comparison, then what's the relevance of it all? Who is she addressing? A disproportionate amount of men die or are debilitated in wars (often with no choice in the matter) relative to women and engage in risky professions. Is she going to point to that imbalance as well? Does she envision some cosmic scale of "injustices" that entails men must suffer X amount to tip it back in "balance"? Or is she blaming men as a whole for practices that take place in cultures over which they have no influence?

Sounds loony if that's what this is.
            Oh she is obviously away with the fairies, to debase something as tragic as FGM by mentioning it in the same conversation and equate it to a gauche attempt to possibly verbally pick her up. However but sinking to her level is no way to act.

Most of the Feminazis don't understand objective opinion, its all you must be wrong because you are a bloke.

No reason to start saying oh woe is me I'm a bloke and its so unfair. I do like to challenge the feminists sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              Oh she is obviously away with the fairies, to debase something as tragic as FGM by mentioning it in the same conversation and equate it to a gauche attempt to possibly verbally pick her up. However but sinking to her level is no way to act.

Most of the Feminazis don't understand objective opinion, its all you must be wrong because you are a bloke.

No reason to start saying oh woe is me I'm a bloke and its so unfair. I do like to challenge the feminists sometimes.
              Objective reasoning, perhaps; opinions are inherently subjective things.

Regardless, given the degree to which they push this "patriarchy" meme (which may well be true of some societies, but they seldom focus on these), I think it's just providing some balance to a very biased account of gender relations within the "West". I agree that descending into "pity me" tit for tat male analogues of it would be puerile and unhelpful, but I don't think SO is doing that. He is just pointing out the blatant stupidity of her comment.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
                Although being far more common so as to make FGM statistically insignificant - and yet this mutilation is not even questioned in the mainstream. It's male privilege don't you know.
                Illegal parking is so much more common as to make murder statistically insignificant.

Do you have a valid point to make, or are you just trying to prove that you're a ******* moron?

Comment

As a number of people in this thread appear to be extremely ignorant, here's a Public Service Announcement: Female Genital Mutilation is not the same as circumcision; it's the same as having your cock chopped off.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    As a number of people in this thread appear to be extremely ignorant, here's a Public Service Announcement: Female Genital Mutilation is not the same as circumcision; it's the same as having the top of your cock chopped off.
                    FTFY

its still far worse than circumcision and both are many many levels of wrong above some saddo saying you have a nice picture.

Comment

Who said it's the same thing?
                      Last edited by Zero Liability; 12 September 2015, 10:05.

Comment

Working...
                      X