• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cheese on Toast

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
    Are none of you lot married?
    If I want cheese on toast I just yell. 'Wench, make me cheese on toast and make it now!'.

FFS don't tell the missus I posted this.
    Too late, she was looking over my shoulder while I as reading it... Sorry.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
      The missus in Keighley or the one in Cullingworth?
      Keighley, the one in Cullingworth can't cook.
      I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Too late, she was looking over my shoulder while I as reading it... Sorry.
        That's the Cullingworth missus, she won't mind.
        I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
          That's the Cullingworth missus, she won't mind.
          Did not know she traveled to Manchester. Shouldn't you disown her for mingling with Mancunians?

Comment

Grated cheese, finely cut chives (fresh from the garden of course) and half an oxo cube (can use bovril cubes but you'll need to grate them). Mayo if you don't want it too dry. Bread as per OP.

Finely cut wild garlic leaves (the smaller ones) if it's in season.

If you want a bit more kick add a dollop of chilli/hot pepper/peri peri type sauce.

Or if you want to go 'all out' and make mini-pizzas add OR(chicken|chorizo|ham) as well.
            Last edited by rl4engc; 7 September 2015, 16:11.
            Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
            "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Cheese on toast.

The clue in what goes into it is in the name.

:-P

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
                Grated cheese, finely cut chives (fresh from the garden of course) and half an oxo cube (can use bovril cubes but you'll need to grate them). Mayo if you don't want it too dry. Bread as per OP.

Finely cut wild garlic leaves (the smaller ones) if it's in season.

If you want a bit more kick add a dollop of chilli/hot pepper/peri peri type sauce.

Or if you want to go 'all out' and make mini-pizzas add OR(chicken|chorizo|ham) as well.
                You sound loik one of they beardy, hipster foodie types.

Do you live in Somerset?

Wanna buy a cottage?

Comment

Some dishes just aren
                  My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

As the weather turns cold I shall probably return to one of my favourite WFH lunches:
                    • Soft sub roll; white or seeded
                    • Some sort of salami/pastrami/etc
                    • Finely chopped red onion
                    • Sliced baby gherkins
                    • American mustard
                    • Cheddar or Edam
                    • Grill open for a couple of minutes then close
                    • Serve with a mug of fresh filter coffee
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I'm lactose intolerant so have ham or bacon on mine with no cheese.

Comment

Working...
                      X