• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Official CUK bench - Late Summer 2015

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I love the way the you come across as incompetent before you've even landed the contract.
    It's tricky. How long after an agent say they will send you across, and send you an email and you hear absolutely nothing not even an email, do you consider that nothing happened or it's dead in the water?

If another agent then calls you with a promising sounding gig some weeks later, do you say "oh hang on I was submitted for a role with such and such 6 weeks ago?".

Play the excessively long game, and engage hundreds of agencies and expect no duplicates?

3/5 were unsolicited. So to pin this all on me as being incompetent does seem a tad harsh.

I could keep better records though. Then again agents don't really respond to "I don't have my notebook on my at the moment can you leave me your number and I'll call you back". Unless you give the nod there and then the opportunity will float onto the next poor sod on the list.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Good luck

The very best of luck to all those benchees looking for contracts this week.

Chin up folks. Gonna pick up.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        It's tricky. How long after an agent say they will send you across, and send you an email and you hear absolutely nothing not even an email, do you consider that nothing happened or it's dead in the water?
        The question should never arise. It is always dead in the water until something happens.

Keep applying.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          The question should never arise. It is always dead in the water until something happens.

Keep applying.
          Wise words 'em from a permie

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            The question should never arise. You've gotten away with it, until Operation Yewtree comes a knocking

Keep denying.
            FTFY
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

The very best of luck to all those benchees looking for contracts this week.

Chin up folks. Gonna pick up.
              Why is it that you are the only one who seems to experience the most problems and ... It's never your fault?

Clown!

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
                Why is it that you are the only one who seems to experience the most problems and ... It's never your fault?

Clown!

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post

Clown!
                  *cough*

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...tly-pants.html

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...iday-lull.html

Now go and pop the kettle on luv.

Comment

I just got a couple of

Laters

Comment

At least some of the folks on the bench are saying they generally work in one area.

What do you do when you're on the bench? If I were you, I'd be trying to escape microsoft land and I'd be booting some *nix and learning myself like python, node or java. That doesn't mean never take another .Net contract, just that the market is always going to want good developers, but sometimes not good .Net developers.

Comment

Working...
                      X