• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Official CUK bench - Late Summer 2015

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Finally got an answer. No dice. No project. No role. Wasting my time all along.

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    At least you can move on now. Onwards and upwards.
    He should have already moved on. He's like a love sick boyfriend, waiting on the phone, wondering if he'll get a text.

I think Suitys problem is his obviously high sperm count. Every time he looks at his missus she gets pregnant, so he thinks this type of success in the job market must translate.

You got a sew a lot of seeds before one takes in contracting.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
      Interview at 9:30 this morning for a role I applied on Monday for fun.

Role involves one week in London followed by Remote working and a week later for delivery of design. Medium sized project planning to implement SAP HANA procedures and are looking for some advice.

Let us see if I can make my position stronger on IR35 with the s at HMRC

Had a good interview. The interviewer was straight to the point no-nonsense guy.

At the end of the interview, he used positive language of an offer so awaiting a call from the pimp.

@HMRC ->

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

I think Suitys problem is his obviously high sperm count.
        Proof/Pic or it never happened

Comment

The Sun's out today.. which is nice. Think I'll go outside and tinker with the cars

Had a possible lead yesterday from agent - until I see an interview I'll not hold my breath. It's not local.

Still very very quiet though

Do what thou wilt

Comment

Got a call from a pimp about a role we discussed 2 weeks ago. Very niche BPM product I haven't used in around 4 years. ClientCo can't find anyone with recent experience so I'm back in with a shout.

So the pimp put me forward, and ClientCo has already received my CV 4 times from other agents!

I think I'm about to be binned because of this, and I wouldn't blame them.

But seriously, pimps get right on my tits sometimes.
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Got a call from a pimp about a role we discussed 2 weeks ago. Very niche BPM product I haven't used in around 4 years. ClientCo can't find anyone with recent experience so I'm back in with a shout.

So the pimp put me forward, and ClientCo has already received my CV 4 times from other agents!

I think I'm about to be binned because of this, and I wouldn't blame them.

But seriously, pimps get right on my tits sometimes.
              You never know. Client might think you are the number one choice for 4 agents and hence you are really good at what you do.

Don't give up hope yet.

Comment

You never know. Client might think you are the number one choice for 4 agents and hence you are really good at what you do.

Don't give up hope yet.
                I just trawled my mailbox. It does look like on 2 counts I am to blame. The problem is that unless you know the client name how can you ensure there are no collisions?

Comment

I just trawled my mailbox. It does look like on 2 counts I am to blame. The problem is that unless you know the client name how can you ensure there are no collisions?
                  No you aren't and you have answered your question.

What makes you a is the fact that you have let multiple agents put you forward for the same role. Or have those agents never contacted you before sending your CV out to the client?

Comment

No you aren't and you have answered your question.

What makes you a is the fact that you have let multiple agents put you forward for the same role. Or have those agents never contacted you before sending your CV out to the client?
                    There are 5 copies of my CV with the client. I authorised 2, through different agencies. On 1 count I knew the client name.

Comment

There are 5 copies of my CV with the client. I authorised 2, through different agencies. On 1 count I knew the client name.
                      I love the way the you come across as incompetent before you've even landed the contract.

Comment

Working...
                      X