• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If Corbyn gets in

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    He's actually got some documents online outlining what he actually intends:

https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.ne...pdf?1437556345

The way I see it is worst case scenario = inside IR35.

I'm glad the tories aren't so aweful! Oh hang on a minute...

If Corbyn can actually hit the super rich and corporations to pay up I'll gladly pay more myself.
    So like all lefties you are driven by envy
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      a)How do you know I don't b)that's part of what taxes and the welfare state do c)why don't you try coming up with a sensible argument for once?

But being in a situation where you are working full-time and still basically in poverty, that's inequality. Working - even an unskilled job - should allow you some standard of life.
      Clearly taxes do not cover it do they? so presumably in the interests of "fairness" and "equality" I presume you would volunteer substantial amounts of your income?
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        £37.5 hour week on minimum wage gives you approx. £250 before tax.

so lets see

rent for a small bedsit - £100 p/w
        food for a week - £30 p/w

there you go £70 approx. left to spend on beer

but then is poverty living with not much left over after the bare essentials

or is poverty not being able to afford sky, an iPhone and a foreign holiday once per year?

because if it is the later most of us over 40 grew up in poverty so you can see why sympathy is pretty minimal
        And this is where Corbyn will work his magic and fix things in the society. What we have is the poor and low income people who cannot afford basic necessities like Sky and IPhone and a holiday, but the upper middle class and rich can afford multiple holidays and multiple iphones. Corbyn will fix this inequality and ensure that rich will be able to afford one iphone and one holiday same as the poor who can now afford the basic necessities and can lead a better life.

I just cannot wait for him to be PM, its going to be revolutionary and once in a generation change to society and governance. We will be able to proudly tell our grandchildren that we made this happen and their good life is due to us showing some intelligence.
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
          He's actually got some documents online outlining what he actually intends:

https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.ne...pdf?1437556345

The way I see it is worst case scenario = inside IR35.

I'm glad the tories aren't so aweful! Oh hang on a minute...

If Corbyn can actually hit the super rich and corporations to pay up I'll gladly pay more myself.
          Thanks for the link. From the "manifesto" :

Therefore I am announcing today that my fairer tax policies will include:

The introduction of a proper anti-avoidance rule into UK tax law.
          :::
          At this point it became obvious the guy is just talking a load of incoherent claptrap.

It is equivalent to saying "The introduction of a proper anti-self-defence rule into UK law"
          Last edited by OwlHoot; 2 September 2015, 17:05.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

£37.5 hour week on minimum wage gives you approx. £250 before tax.

so lets see

rent for a small bedsit - £100 p/w
            food for a week - £30 p/w

there you go £70 approx. left to spend on beer

but then is poverty living with not much left over after the bare essentials

or is poverty not being able to afford sky, an iPhone and a foreign holiday once per year?

because if it is the later most of us over 40 grew up in poverty so you can see why sympathy is pretty minimal
            The thing you got wrong in your example is the rent bit.

The rent is £125 per week and is subsidised. by higher earners through their taxes as the employer isn't paying enough.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

At this point it became obvious the guy is just talking a load of incoherent claptrap.
              Not unlike CMD who said in October 2014:

"In a Britain that everyone is proud to call home, people are employed, they are not used. Those exclusive zero hours contracts that left people unable to build decent lives for themselves - we will scrap them."

But:

Today the Office for National Statistics has released new figures showing a 17% increase in the numbers of Britons now working under Zero Hour Contracts (ZHC's) since their last report.
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                Thanks for the link. From the "manifesto"
                Your welcome - I just thought it best to have a few facts in the conversation. All this "taking us back to the 70's" and "anyone above £50k will have to subsidise the workshy" stuff is getting very Tony Blair/Rupert Murdoch.

He's probably going to win the labour leadership and come 2020 who knows what will happen especially with CMD and co sticking 2 fingers up to the 99% on a daily basis... People have had enough and we're seeing it at every event he goes to speak at.

Get your crying out of your system now, it will feel better down the line
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

The problem is that just because you raise someone's standard of living you do not raise their moral standard.

So that nice detached house you bought in a nice area within the catchment area of a good school will stop being that.

To make all people equal you have to set the standard at the lowest level.

Experience has taught us this.

Comment

The problem is that just because you raise someone's standard of living you do not raise their moral standard.

So that nice detached house you bought in a nice area within the catchment area of a good school will stop being that.

To make all people equal you have to set the standard at the lowest level.

Experience has taught us this.
                    Quite right...I remember the 70's too...

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                      Quite right...I remember the 70's too...

Which is very nice but I am more concerned about everyone becoming a Chav

Monica

Comment

Working...
                      X